- •The study evaluated the knowledge/practice of stroke guidelines among Saudi emergency residents.
- •The result refers to a considerable gap in the residents’ knowledge.
- •There also, a difficulty in translating the knowledge into clinical practice.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Clinical Neuroscience
Morotti A, Poli L, Costa P. Acute stroke. Semin. Neurol., vol. 39, Thieme Medical Publishers. 2019. 61–72.
- Acute stroke awareness of family physicians: translation of policy to practice.Heal Res Policy Syst. 2020; 18: 1-9
Care EBH. Thrombolytic Therapy in Acute Stroke. Clin. Pract. Guidel. Use Thrombolytic Ther. Acute Stroke. 2014. 1–65. https://doi.org/https://stroke.org.sa/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/5.-Stroke-Use-of-Thrombolytic-Therapy-in-Acute-Stroke.pdf.
- Guide to clinical practice guidelines: the current state of play.Int J Qual Heal Care. 2016; 28: 122-128
- Care of the patient with acute ischemic stroke (prehospital and acute phase of care): update to the 2009 comprehensive nursing care scientific statement: a scientific statement from the American Heart Association.Stroke. 2021; 52 (e178): e164
- Experiences with information provision and preferences for decision making of patients with acute stroke.Patient Educ Couns. 2022; 105: 1123-1129
- Prehospital stroke management in the thrombectomy era.Lancet Neurol. 2020; 19: 601-610
- European Stroke Organisation (ESO) guidelines on intravenous thrombolysis for acute ischaemic stroke.Eur Stroke J. 2021; 6: I-LXII
- Knowledge and attitudes of Saudi emergency physicians toward t-PA use in stroke.Neurol Res Int. 2018; 2018: 1-7
- Assessment of healthcare personnel knowledge of stroke care at a large referral hospital in sub-Saharan Africa–a survey based approach.J Clin Neurosci. 2017; 42: 71-74
- Principal component analysis: a review and recent developments.Philos Trans R Soc A Math Phys Eng Sci. 2016; 374: 20150202
- Community physicians’ knowledge of secondary prevention after ischemic stroke: a questionnaire survey in Shanxi Province.China BMC Med Educ. 2015; 15: 1-9
- Physicians’ attitudes toward guidelines for stroke: a survey of Korean neurologists.J Stroke. 2014; 16: 81
- Treatment of stroke in Canadian emergency departments: time to be leaders.Can J Emerg Med. 2017; 19: 47-49