- •Modulating the gut-brain-axis has the potential to improve traumatic brain injury outcomes.
- •Sub-symptom threshold aerobic exercise may improve post-traumatic brain injury outcomes.
- •While a valuable tool, cerebral micro-dialysis is not without risks or complications.
Abbreviations:TBI (traumatic brain injury), VAP (ventilator-associated pneumonia)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Inflammation and the role of infection: complications and treatment options following neurotrauma.J Clin Neurosci. 2022; 100: 23-32https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jocn.2022.03.043
- Gut-brain axis in traumatic brain injury: impact on neuroinflammation.Neural Regen Res. 2021; 17: 1007-1008https://doi.org/10.4103/1673-5374.324839
Tsilika M, Thoma G, Aidoni Z, et al. A four-probiotic preparation for ventilator-associated pneumonia in multi-trauma patients: results of a randomized clinical trial. Int J Antimicrobial Agents. 2022;59(1):106471. doi:10.1016/j.ijantimicag.2021.106471.
- Probiotic supplementation prevents the development of ventilator-associated pneumonia for mechanically ventilated ICU patients: a systematic review and network meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials.Front Nutr. 2022; 9919156https://doi.org/10.3389/fnut.2022.919156
Wang K, Zeng Q, Li K xun, et al. Efficacy of probiotics or synbiotics for critically ill adult patients: a systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials. Burns & Trauma. 2022;10:tkac004. doi:10.1093/burnst/tkac004.
- The immunological influence of physical exercise on TBI-induced pathophysiology: crosstalk between the spleen, gut, and brain.Neurosci Biobehav Rev. 2021; 130: 15-30https://doi.org/10.1016/j.neubiorev.2021.08.006
- The role of subsymptom threshold aerobic exercise for persistent concussion symptoms in patients with postconcussion syndrome: a systematic review.Am J Phys Med Rehabil. 2020; 99: 257https://doi.org/10.1097/PHM.0000000000001340
- Neuromonitoring in the intensive care unit. I. Intracranial pressure and cerebral blood flow monitoring.Intensive Care Med. 2007; 33: 1263-1271https://doi.org/10.1007/s00134-007-0678-z
- Neurocritical care monitoring.Demos Medical Publishing, 2014