- •Higher ApoB, lower ApoA-Ι, higher ApoB/ApoA-Ι ratio were independently associated with poor outcome in acute ischemic stroke.
- •ApoB and ApoA-Ι were not related to the transformation of intracranial hemorrhage in acute ischemic stroke.
- •ApoB/ApoA-Ι ratio was more likely associated with poor outcomes of AIS in the patients of small artery occlusion.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- World Stroke Organization (WSO).Global Stroke Fact Sheet. 2022; 2022: 18-29
Global, regional, and national burden of stroke and its risk factors, 1990-2019: a systematic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2019. The Lancet Neurology. 2021; 20: 795-820.
- On the structure and function of apolipoproteins: more than a family of lipid-binding proteins.Prog Biophys Mol Biol. 2003; 83: 47-68
2019 ESC/EAS guidelines for the management of dyslipidaemias: Lipid modification to reduce cardiovascular risk. Atherosclerosis. 2019; 290: 140-205.
- Apolipoprotein B: a clinically important apolipoprotein which assembles atherogenic lipoproteins and promotes the development of atherosclerosis.J Intern Med. 2005; 258: 395-410
- Metabolism and Modification of Apolipoprotein B-Containing Lipoproteins Involved in Dyslipidemia and Atherosclerosis.Biol Pharm Bull. 2016; 39: 1-24
- High-Density Lipoproteins and Apolipoprotein A1.Sub-cellular biochemistry. 2020; 94: 399-420
- The apoB/apoA-I ratio: a strong, new risk factor for cardiovascular disease and a target for lipid-lowering therapy–a review of the evidence.J Intern Med. 2006; 259: 493-519
- Apolipoprotein A1, B levels, and their ratio and the risk of a first stroke: a meta-analysis and case-control study.Metab Brain Dis. 2015; 30: 1319-1330
- Global and regional effects of potentially modifiable risk factors associated with acute stroke in 32 countries (INTERSTROKE): a case-control study.Lancet (London, England). 2016; 388: 761-775
- Classification of subtype of acute ischemic stroke. Definitions for use in a multicenter clinical trial. TOAST. Trial of Org 10172 in Acute Stroke Treatment.Stroke. 1993; 24: 35-41
- Randomised double-blind placebo-controlled trial of thrombolytic therapy with intravenous alteplase in acute ischaemic stroke (ECASS II) Second European-Australasian Acute Stroke Study Investigators.Lancet (London, England). 1998; 352:: 1245-1251
- A meta-analysis of low-density lipoprotein cholesterol, non-high-density lipoprotein cholesterol, and apolipoprotein B as markers of cardiovascular risk.Circulation Cardiovascular quality and outcomes. 2011; 4: 337-345
- The apolipoprotein B/apolipoprotein A-I ratio as a potential marker of plasma atherogenicity.Dis Markers. 2015; 2015591454
- Effect of potentially modifiable risk factors associated with myocardial infarction in 52 countries (the INTERHEART study): case-control study.Lancet (London, England). 2004; 364: 937-952
- Concentration of apolipoprotein B is comparable with the apolipoprotein B/apolipoprotein A-I ratio and better than routine clinical lipid measurements in predicting coronary heart disease mortality: findings from a multi-ethnic US population.Eur Heart J. 2009; 30: 710-717
- Lipids, apolipoproteins, and their ratios in relation to cardiovascular events with statin treatment.Circulation. 2008; 117: 3002-3009
- Apolipoproteins A1, B, and apoB/apoA1 ratio are associated with first ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction but not with recurrent events during long-term follow-up.Clinical research in cardiology : official journal of the German Cardiac Society. 2019; 108: 520-538
- Comparison of Apolipoprotein B/A1 ratio, Framingham risk score and TC/HDL-c for predicting clinical outcomes in patients undergoing percutaneous coronary intervention.Lipids Health Dis. 2019; 18: 202
- Risk factors for ischaemic and intracerebral haemorrhagic stroke in 22 countries (the INTERSTROKE study): a case-control study.Lancet (London, England). 2010; 376: 112-123
- Apolipoproteins as predictors of ischaemic stroke in patients with a previous transient ischaemic attack.Cerebrovascular diseases (Basel, Switzerland). 2006; 21: 323-328
- Hyperlipidemia in Stroke Pathobiology and Therapy: Insights and Perspectives.Front Physiol. 2018; 9: 488
Lasek-Bal A, Jedrzejowska-Szypulka H, Student S, et al. The importance of selected markers of inflammation and blood-brain barrier damage for short-term ischemic stroke prognosis. Journal of physiology and pharmacology : an official journal of the Polish Physiological Society. 2019; 70.
Behbodikhah J and Ahmed S. Apolipoprotein B and Cardiovascular Disease: Biomarker and Potential Therapeutic Target. 2021; 11.
- Apolipoprotein B: the Rosetta Stone of lipidology.Curr Opin Endocrinol Diabetes Obes. 2021; 28: 90-96
Mehta A and Shapiro MD. Apolipoproteins in vascular biology and atherosclerotic disease. 2022; 19: 168-79.
- Lipids and Lipoproteins in Health and Disease: Focus on Targeting.Atherosclerosis. 2021; 9
- Deep subcortical infarct burden in relation to apolipoprotein B/AI ratio in patients with intracranial atherosclerotic stenosis.Eur J Neurol. 2013; 20: 671-680
- High levels of apolipoprotein B/AI ratio are associated with intracranial atherosclerotic stenosis.Stroke. 2011; 42: 3040-3046
- Apolipoproteins B and A1 in Ischemic Stroke Subtypes.J Stroke Cerebrovascular Diseases. 2020; 29104670
- Hyperlipidemia disrupts cerebrovascular reflexes and worsens ischemic perfusion defect.J Cerebral Blood Flow Metabolism. 2013; 33: 954-962
- Pathophysiology of Lacunar Stroke: History's Mysteries and Modern Interpretations.J Stroke Cerebrovascular Diseases. 2019; 28: 2079-2097