- •We often encounter cases with inconsistent between deep tendon reflex (DTR) findings and stenosis on cervical spine MRI.
- •We evaluated the surgical results of patients with CSM with inconsistent between DTR findings and cervical MRI findings.
- •We showed that unmatched CSM was present in 46% of the cases and postoperative clinical score is significantly inferior to among unmatched CSM patients.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Cervical spondylotic myelopathy. Clinical syndrome and natural history [review].Orthop Clin North Am. 1992; 23: 487-493
- Neurological localization of the symptomatic level of lesion on cervical spondylotic myelopathy [in Japanese].Rinsho Seikei Geka. 1984; 19: 417-424
- Level diagnostic neurology of cervical spondylotic myelopathy.Neuro-Orthop. 1991; 12: 125-134
Seichi A, Takeshita K, Kawaguchi H, et al. Neurologic level diagnosis of cervical stenotic myelopathy. Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2006;31:1338-1343.
Ohshio I, Hatayama A, Kaneda K, et al. Correlation between histopathologic features and magnetic resonance images of spinal cord lesions. Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 1993;18:1140-1149.
- Intramedullary high signal intensity and neurological status as prognostic factors in cervical spondylotic myelopathy.Acta Neurochir (Wien). 2010; 152: 1687-1694
- Usefulness of neurological examination for diagnosis of the affected level in patients with cervical compressive myelopathy: prospective study with radiological evaluation.J Neurosurg Spine. 2005; 2: 535-539
- Biomechanical analysis of clinical stability in the cervical spine.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 1975; 109: 85-96
- Scoring system for cervical myelopathy.J Jpn Orthop Assoc. 1994; 68: 490-503
Karpova A, Arun R, Davis AM, et al. Predictors of surgical outcome in cervical spondylotic myelopathy. Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2013;38:392-400.
- Surgery for degenerative cervical myelopathy in the elderly: a nationwide registry-based observational study with patient-reported outcomes.Acta Neurochir (Wien). 2022; 164: 2317-2326
- Surgical treatment assessment of cervical laminoplasty using quantitative performance evaluation in elderly patients: a prospective comparative study in 505 patients with cervical spondylotic myelopathy.Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2016; 41: 757-763
- Degenerative cervical myelopathy in higher-aged patients: how do they benefit from surgery?.J Clin Med. 2019; 9: 62
- Can elderly patients recover adequately after laminoplasty?: a comparative study of 520 patients with cervical spondylotic myelopathy.Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2012; 37: 667-671
- The feature of clinical and radiographic outcomes in elderly patients with cervical spondylotic myelopathy: a prospective cohort study on 1025 patients.Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2018; 43: 817-823
- Surgical outcome of laminoplasty for cervical spondylotic myelopathy in an elderly population - potentiality for effective early surgical intervention: a meta-analysis.Neurol Med Chir (Tokyo). 2017; 57: 366-373
- Long-term results of expansive open-door laminoplasty for cervical myelopathy: average 14-years follow-up study.Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2006; 31: 2998-3005
- Evaluation of prognostic factors and clinical outcome in elderly patients in whom expansive laminoplasty is performed for cervical myelopathy due to multisegmental spondylotic canal stenosis: a retrospective comparison with younger patients.J Neurosurg. 2002; 96: 173-179
- Operative results of canal-expansive laminoplasty for cervical spondylotic myelopathy in elderly patients.Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 1999; 24: 2308-2312
- Long-term follow-up of cervical spondylotic myelopathy treated by canal-expansive laminoplasty.J Bone Joint Surg Br. 1995; 77: 956-961
- Surgical outcomes and prognostic factors of cervical spondylotic myelopathy in diabetic patients.Arch Orthop Trauma Surg. 2012; 132: 577-582
- Surgical outcome of cervical expansive laminoplasty in patients with diabetes mellitus.Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2000; 25: 551-555
- Diabetes and smoking as prognostic factors after cervical laminoplasty.J Bone Joint Surg Br. 2008;90-B:1468–1472.;
- Observations in the diagnosis of cervical myelopathy in patients suffering from diabetes mellitus.Spinal Cord. 2012; 50: 878-881