- •SF and IOUS are two widely used intraoperative imaging modalities in neurosurgery.
- •In direct comparison to IOUS, SF may have superior efficacy in tumor resection.
- •Both SF and IOUS demonstrate high efficacy in tumor resection.
- •Their combined use, recognizing strengths and weaknesses, may be most efficacious.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Intraoperative Imaging Modalities and Compensation for Brain Shift in Tumor Resection Surgery.Int J Biomed Imaging. 2017; 2017: 6028645https://doi.org/10.1155/2017/6028645
- Intraoperative Fluorescence Imaging for Personalized Brain Tumor Resection: Current State and Future Directions.Front Surg. 2016; 3https://doi.org/10.3389/fsurg.2016.00055
Jenkinson MD, Barone DG, Bryant A, et al. Intraoperative imaging technology to maximise extent of resection for glioma. The Cochrane database of systematic reviews. Jan 22 2018;1(1):Cd012788. 10.1002/14651858.CD012788.pub2.
- Association of the Extent of Resection With Survival in Glioblastoma: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis.JAMA Oncol. 2016; 2: 1460
- Evidence-based recommendations on categories for extent of resection in diffuse glioma.Eur J Cancer. 2021; 149: 23-33
- Extent of Resection in Glioma-A Review of the Cutting Edge.World neurosurgery. Jul 2017; 103: 538-549https://doi.org/10.1016/j.wneu.2017.04.041
- Importance and Evidence of Extent of Resection in Glioblastoma.J Neurol Surg A Cent Eur Neurosurg. Jan 2021; 82: 75-86https://doi.org/10.1055/s-0040-1701635
- Extent of Resection of Glioblastoma: A Critical Evaluation in the Molecular Era.Neurosurg Clin N Am. Jan 2021; 32: 23-29https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nec.2020.09.006
- Association of Maximal Extent of Resection of Contrast-Enhanced and Non-Contrast-Enhanced Tumor With Survival Within Molecular Subgroups of Patients With Newly Diagnosed Glioblastoma.JAMA Oncol. 2020; 6: 495
- Surgical advances in the management of brain metastases.Neurooncol Adv. Nov 2021; 3: v4-v15https://doi.org/10.1093/noajnl/vdab130
- Updates on Surgical Management and Advances for Brain Tumors.Curr Oncol Rep. 2021; 23
- Intraoperative 5-ALA fluorescence-guided resection of high-grade glioma leads to greater extent of resection with better outcomes: a systematic review.J Neurooncol. Jan 2022; 156: 233-256https://doi.org/10.1007/s11060-021-03901-9
- The utilization of fluorescein in brain tumor surgery: a systematic review.J Neurosurg Sci. 2018; 62
- Intraoperative Imaging for High-Grade Glioma Surgery.Neurosurg Clin N Am. Jan 2021; 32: 47-54https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nec.2020.09.003
- Intraoperative MRI for Brain Tumors.J Neurooncol. Feb 2021; 151: 479-490https://doi.org/10.1007/s11060-020-03667-6
- Intraoperative ultrasound in brain tumor surgery: A review and implementation guide.Neurosurg Rev. 2022; 45: 2503-2515
- Sodium Fluorescein in Brain Tumor Surgery: Assessing Relative Fluorescence Intensity at Tumor Margins.Asian J Neurosurg Jan-Mar. 2020; 15: 88-93https://doi.org/10.4103/ajns.AJNS_221_19
- Applications of Ultrasound in the Resection of Brain Tumors.Journal of neuroimaging : official journal of the American Society of Neuroimaging. 2017; 27: 5-15
Louis DN, Perry A, Wesseling P, et al. The 2021 WHO Classification of Tumors of the Central Nervous System: a summary. Neuro-oncology. Aug 2 2021;23(8):1231-1251. 10.1093/neuonc/noab106.
Mazurek M, Kulesza B, Stoma F, Osuchowski J, Mańdziuk S, Rola R. Characteristics of Fluorescent Intraoperative Dyes Helpful in Gross Total Resection of High-Grade Gliomas-A Systematic Review. Diagnostics (Basel). Dec 16 2020;10(12) 10.3390/diagnostics10121100.
- Standardized MRI assessment of high-grade glioma response: a review of the essential elements and pitfalls of the RANO criteria.Neurooncol Pract. Mar 2016; 3: 59-67https://doi.org/10.1093/nop/npv023