- •Spinal GCTTS mainly involves the posterior bone elements with the onset around 30–40 years old.
- •Soft tissue masses centering on the facet joint with osteolytic bony destruction.
- •A few cases presented as the intramuscular lesions without bone destruction.
- •T2-weighted dark signals, homogeneous or heterogeneous enhancement.
- •Gross-total resection is an effective means for treating spinal GCTTS.
Abbreviations:GCTTS (Giant cell tumor of the tendon sheath), CT (Computerized tomography), MRI (Magnetic resonance imaging), PET-CT (Positron emission computed tomography), CSFR-1 (Colony-stimulating factor 1 receptor), T1WI (T1 weighted images), T2WI (T2 weighted images)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Diffuse pigmented villonodular synovitis of the elbow.Joint Bone Spine. 2021; 105278
- Management of tenosynovial giant cell tumour of the foot and ankle.Bone Joint J. 2021; 103-b: 788-794
- Gene Expression Profiles Analyzed Using Integrating RNA Sequencing, and Microarray Reveals Increased Inflammatory Response, Proliferation, and Osteoclastogenesis in Pigmented Villonodular Synovitis.Front Immunol. 2021; 12665442
- Pigmented Villonodular Synovitis of the Hip in Patients Undergoing Total Hip Arthroplasty: A Retrospective Case-Controlled Analysis.J Arthroplasty. 2021; 36: 1018-1022
- Tumor location and type affect local recurrence and joint damage in tenosynovial giant cell tumor: a multi-center study.Sci Rep. 2021; 11: 17384
- Giant cell tumor of the tendon sheath arising from a membrane surrounding the posterior arch of C1: a case report.Spine J. 2016; 16: e353-e357
- Giant cell tumour of the tendon sheath of the spine: clinical features and imaging findings.Insights Imaging. 2021; 12: 98
- Primary diffuse-type tenosynovial giant cell tumor of the spine: a report of 3 cases and systemic review of the literature.Turk Neurosurg. 2014; 24: 804-813
- Synovial-type giant cell tumors of the vertebral column: a clinicopathologic study of 15 cases, with a review of the literature and discussion of the differential diagnosis.Hum Pathol. 2003; 34: 670-679
- Pigmented villonodular synovitis of the spine: a clinical, radiological, and morphological study of 12 cases.J Neurosurg. 1996; 84: 592-597
- Customized anterior craniocervical reconstruction via a modified high-cervical retropharyngeal approach following resection of a spinal tumor involving C1–2/C1-3.J Neurosurg Spine. 2019; : 1-9
- MRI and thallium features of pigmented villonodular synovitis and giant cell tumours of tendon sheaths: a retrospective single centre study of imaging and literature review.Br J Radiol. 2015; 88: 20150528
- Tenosynovial giant cell tumor of the suboccipital region - A rare, benign neoplasm in this location.J Clin Neurosci. 2020; 78: 413-415
- Tenosynovial giant cell tumor-diffuse type, treated with a novel colony-stimulating factor inhibitor, pexidartinib: initial experience with MRI findings in three patients.Skeletal Radiol. 2021;
- Cervical spine tenosynovial giant cell tumor involving the atlantoaxial joint in a pediatric patient with medulloblastoma.Skeletal Radiol. 2021;
- Pigmented villonodular synovitis of a lumbar intervertebral facet joint.Spine J. 2009; 9: e6-e9
- Update on Tenosynovial Giant Cell Tumor, an Inflammatory Arthritis With Neoplastic Features.Front Immunol. 2022; 13820046
- Vimseltinib: A Precision CSF1R Therapy for Tenosynovial Giant Cell Tumors and Diseases Promoted by Macrophages.Mol Cancer Ther. 2021;
- Pexidartinib improves physical functioning and stiffness in patients with tenosynovial giant cell tumor: results from the ENLIVEN randomized clinical trial.Acta Orthop. 2021; 92: 493-499
- Pexidartinib versus placebo for advanced tenosynovial giant cell tumour (ENLIVEN): a randomised phase 3 trial.Lancet. 2019; 394: 478-487
- Exposure-response analysis of efficacy and safety for pexidartinib in patients with tenosynovial giant cell tumor.CPT Pharmacometrics Syst Pharmacol. 2021; 10: 1422-1432
- Giant-cell tumor of the tendon sheath in the upper cervical spine.J Clin Oncol. 2012; 30: e250-e253
- Villonodular synovitis in the spinal canal: case report.J Neurosurg. 1980; 52: 846-848
- Giant-cell tumor of the tendon sheath involving the thoracic spine.J Spinal Disord Tech. 2005; 18: 445-448
- Giant-cell tumor of the tendon sheath involving the cervical spine. A case report.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2002; 84: 1664-1667
- Tenosynovial giant cell tumor of the upper cervical spine arising from the posterior atlanto-occipital membrane: a case report.Skeletal Radiol. 2021; 50: 451-455
- Pigmented villonodular synovitis.Clin Radiol. 2004; 59: 414-420
- Pigmented villonodular synovitis: radiologic-pathologic correlation.Radiographics. 2008; 28: 1493-1518
- Giant cell tumor of the spine.Neurosurg Clin N Am. 2008; 19: 49-55
- The diagnosis and treatment of pigmented villonodular synovitis.J Bone Joint Surg Br. 1968; 50: 290-305