- •Even if there are no neurological symptoms in Behçet’s disease, there are changes in neurocognitive tests.
- •Our aim in this study is to investigate the cortical thickness changes in patients with Behçet’s disease.
- •Our study revealed the cortical thickness changes in Behçet’s patients for the first time.
Material and methods
Abbreviations:BD (Behçet’s disease), NBD (Neuro-Behçet’s disease), PNBD (Parenchymal Neuro-Behçet’s disease), FWE (Family Wise Error), MRS (MR spectroscopy), DWI (Diffusion Weighted Imaging)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Distinct clinical features between acute and chronic progressive parenchymal neuro-Behçet disease: meta-analysis.Sci Rep. 2017; 7https://doi.org/10.1038/s41598-017-09938-z
Koçer N, Islak C, Siva A, et al. CNS Involvement in neuro-Behçet syndrome: An MR Study. Vol 20.
- MRI findings of neuro-Behcet’s disease.Clin Rheumatol. 2011; 30: 765-770https://doi.org/10.1007/s10067-010-1650-9
- Diffusion-weighted imaging in chronic Behçet patients with and without neurological findings.Neuroradiology. 2005; 47: 431-437
- Relationship of diffusion tensor imaging parameters with neurocognitive dysfunction in patients with Behcet’s disease.Acta Neurol Belg. 2022; 122: 1177-1186
- Brain perfusion MRI findings in patients with Behcet’s disease.Scientific World J. 2012; 2012: 1-9
- Proton MRS in Behçet’s disease with and without neurological findings.Neuroradiology. 2003; 45: 860-864https://doi.org/10.1007/s00234-003-1052-7
- Autopsy case of neuro-Behçet’s disease with multifocal neutrophilic perivascular inflammation.Neuropathology. 2006; 26: 579-585https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1440-1789.2006.00734.x
- Quantitative analysis of brainstem atrophy on magnetic resonance imaging in chronic progressive neuro-Behçet’s disease.J Neurol Sci. 2014; 337: 80-85https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jns.2013.11.020
- Laboratory and clinical correlates of brain atrophy in Neuro-Behçet’s disease.J Neurol Sci. 2020; 414https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jns.2020.116831
- Cortical thickness in de novo patients with Parkinson disease and mild cognitive impairment with consideration of clinical phenotype and motor laterality.Eur J Neurol. 2015; 22: 1564-1572
- Cognitive performance shows domain specific associations with regional cortical thickness in multiple sclerosis.NeuroImage: Clinical. 2021; 30https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nicl.2021.102606
- Cognitive impairment in Behçet’s disease patients without overt neurological involvement.J Neurol Sci. 2004; 220: 99-104
- Epidemiology and management of neuropsychiatric disorders in behçet’s syndrome.CNS Drugs. 2015; 29: 189-196
Miyakawa T, Murayama E, Deshimaru M, Shikai I, K6zuma S. Neuro-Behget’s Disease Showing Severe Atrophy of the Cerebrum. Vol 34. Springer-Verlag; 1976.
- Silent central nervous system involvement in Egyptian Behçet’s disease patients: clinical, psychiatric, and neuroimaging evaluation.Clin Rheumatol. 2011; 30: 1173-1180
- Strengthening the reporting of observational studies in epidemiology (STROBE): explanation and elaboration.Int J Surgery. 2014; 12: 1500-1524
- The International Criteria for Behçet's Disease (ICBD): a collaborative study of 27 countries on the sensitivity and specificity of the new criteria.J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol: JEADV. 2014; 28: 338-347
- Diagnosis and management of Neuro-Behçet’s disease: international consensus recommendations.J Neurol. 2014; 261: 1662-1676
- Cortical thickness and central surface estimation.NeuroImage. 2013; 65: 336-348https://doi.org/10.1016/j.neuroimage.2012.09.050
- Cortical thickness estimations of FreeSurfer and the CAT12 toolbox in patients with Alzheimer’s disease and healthy controls.J Neuroimaging. 2018; 28: 515-523https://doi.org/10.1111/jon.12521
- Threshold-free cluster enhancement: Addressing problems of smoothing, threshold dependence and localisation in cluster inference.NeuroImage. 2009; 44: 83-98https://doi.org/10.1016/j.neuroimage.2008.03.061
- An automated labeling system for subdividing the human cerebral cortex on MRI scans into gyral based regions of interest.NeuroImage. 2006; 31: 968-980
- The pathological presentations of neuro-Behçet disease: a case report and review of the literature.Neurologist. 2007; 13: 209-214https://doi.org/10.1097/01.nrl.0000263698.26284.cf
Akman-Demir G, Serdaroglu P, Tasçi B, Neuro-Behçet Study Group the. Clinical Patterns of Neurological Involvement in Behçet’s Disease: Evaluation of 200 Patients. Vol 122; 1999.
- P300 in Behcet’s patients without neurological manifestations.Can J Neurol Sci. 2001; 28: 66-69https://doi.org/10.1017/S0317167100052586
- What is the role of diffusion tensor imaging (DTI) in detecting subclinical pyramidal tract dysfunction in Behçet’s and neuro-Behçet’s cases?.Neurol Sci. 2019; 40: 753-758https://doi.org/10.1007/s10072-019-3727-9