- •Diffuse midline gliomas of the brainstem have devastating prognosis.
- •Biopsy of paediatric brainstem tumours is now considered a safe procedure.
- •This option can be considered for patients to identify relevant molecular markers for targeted therapy.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Pediatric brainstem gliomas: new understanding leads to potential new treatments for two very different tumors.Curr Oncol Rep. 2015; 17: 436
- 5th edition: central nervous system tumours.5th ed. International Agency for Research on Cancer, Lyon, France2021: 2021
- Magnetic resonance scans should replace biopsies for the diagnosis of diffuse brain stem gliomas: a report from the Children's Cancer Group.Neurosurgery. 1993; 33: 1026-1030
- Diffuse brainstem tumors: when is a biopsy necessary?.Pediatr Neurosurg. 1996; 24: 252-255
- Diffuse intrinsic pontine glioma: from diagnosis to next-generation clinical trials.Curr Treat Options Neurol. 2019; 21: 37
- The intersect of neurosurgery with diffuse intrinsic pontine glioma.J Neurosurg Pediatr. 2019; 24: 611-621
- Feasibility, safety, and indications for surgical biopsy of intrinsic brainstem tumors in children.Childs Nerv Syst. 2013; 29: 1313-1319
- Stereotactic biopsy of diffuse pontine lesions in children.J Neurosurg. 2007; 107: 1-4
- Prospective feasibility and safety assessment of surgical biopsy for patients with newly diagnosed diffuse intrinsic pontine glioma.Neuro Oncol. 2018; 20: 1547-1555
- Diffuse intrinsic pontine glioma biopsy: a single institution experience.Pediatr Blood Cancer. 2015; 62: 163-165
- Interpretation of magnetic resonance images in diffuse intrinsic pontine glioma: a survey of pediatric neurosurgeons.J Neurosurg Pediatr. 2011; 8: 97-102
Louis DN, Ohgaki H, Wiestler OD, Cavenee WK, Ellison DW, Figarella-Branger D, et al. WHO Classification of tumours of the central nervous system. Revised 4th Edition ed. Lyon: IARC; 2016.
Louis DN, Ohgaki H, Wiestler OD, Caveness WK. WHO Classification of tumours of the central nervous system. Lyin: IARC, Lyon; 2007.
- DTI fusion with conventional MR imaging in intra-operative MRI suite for paediatric brainstem glioma biopsy.Childs Nerv Syst. 2018; 34: 19-21
- MGMT gene silencing and benefit from temozolomide in glioblastoma.N Engl J Med. 2005; 352: 997-1003
- The prognostic impact of radiotherapy in conjunction with temozolomide in diffuse intrinsic pontine glioma: a systematic review and meta-analysis.World Neurosurg. 2021; 148: e565-e571
- Therapeutic effects of radiotherapy with concomitant and adjuvant temozolomide versus radiotherapy with concomitant temozolomide alone in children with DIPG: A single-center experience with 82 cases.J Clin Oncol. 2020; 38 (e14518-e)
- Temozolomide in the treatment of newly diagnosed diffuse brainstem glioma in children: a broken promise?.J Chemother. 2015; 27: 106-110
- Clinical evaluation of a dedicated next generation sequencing panel for routine glioma diagnostics.Acta Neuropathol Commun. 2018; 6
- Next generation sequencing reveals potentially actionable alterations in the majority of patients with lymphoid malignancies.JCO Precis Oncol. 2017; : 1-13
- Pediatric brain tumor genetics: what radiologists need to know.Radiographics. 2018; 38: 2102-2122
- Brainstem tumors: where are we today?.Pediatr Neurosurg. 2007; 43: 192-201
- Diffuse intrinsic pontine glioma: poised for progress.Front Oncol. 2012; 2: 205
Gupta A, Greening NJ, Evans RA, Samuels A, Toms N, Steiner MC. Prospective risk of osteoporotic fractures in patients with advanced chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Chron Respir Dis. 2019;16:1479972318769763.
- 3rd. Multimodal image registration for preoperative planning and image-guided neurosurgical procedures.Neurosurg Clin N Am. 2011; 22: 197-206
- Neuronavigation in the surgical management of brain tumors: current and future trends.Expert Rev Med Devices. 2012; 9: 491-500
- Conventional and advanced imaging of diffuse intrinsic pontine glioma.J Child Neurol. 2016; 31: 1386-1393
- DTI assessment of the brainstem white matter tracts in pediatric BSG before and after therapy: a report from the Pediatric Brain Tumor Consortium.Childs Nerv Syst. 2011; 27: 11-18
- Imaging of brain tumors: MR spectroscopy and metabolic imaging.Neuroimaging Clin N Am. 2010; 20: 293-310
- Proton MRS imaging in pediatric brain tumors.Pediatr Radiol. 2016; 46: 952-962
- Intraoperative MRI in pediatric brain tumors.Pediatr Radiol. 2015; 45: S397-S405
- Use of an offsite intraoperative MRI operating theater for pediatric brain tumor surgery: experience from a Singapore Children's Hospital.World Neurosurg. 2020; 135: e28-e35
- Safety and efficacy of brainstem biopsy in children and young adults.J Neurosurg Pediatr. 2020; 26: 552-562
- Intra-operative neurophysiological mapping and monitoring during brain tumour surgery in children: an update.Childs Nerv Syst. 2016; 32: 1849-1859
- Intraoperative neurophysiological monitoring for the resection of brain tumors in pediatric patients.J Neurosurg Sci. 2015; 59: 373-382
- Sodium fluorescein-guided brain tumor surgery under the YELLOW-560-nm surgical microscope filter in pediatric age group: feasibility and preliminary results.Childs Nerv Syst. 2019; 35: 429-435
- Using fluorescein in the resection of a pediatric posterior fossa tumor.Can J Neurol Sci. 2020; 47: 578-580
- Fluorescein sodium fluorescence: role in stereotactic brain biopsy.Br J Neurosurg. 2021; 1–4
- Fluorescence guidance and intraoperative adjuvants to maximize extent of resection.Neurosurgery. 2021; 89: 727-736
- Stereotactic biopsy of brainstem mass lesions.Surg Neurol. 1995; 43: 563-568
- Diffuse brain stem glioma. A review of stereotactic biopsies.Childs Nerv Syst. 1999; 15: 235-237
- Brain stem gliomas.Curr Opin Neurol. 2001; 14: 711-715
- Biopsy in a series of 130 pediatric diffuse intrinsic Pontine gliomas.Childs Nerv Syst. 2015; 31: 1773-1780
- Is biopsy safe in children with newly diagnosed diffuse intrinsic pontine glioma?.Am Soc Clin Oncol Educ Book. 2012; : 629-633
- Brainstem biopsy in pediatric diffuse intrinsic pontine glioma in the era of precision medicine: the INFORM study experience.Eur J Cancer. 2019; 114: 27-35
- Correlation among magnetic resonance imaging findings, prognostic factors for survival, and histological diagnosis of intrinsic brainstem lesions in children.J Neurosurg Pediatr. 2011; 8: 539-543
- Future clinical trials in DIPG: bringing epigenetics to the clinic.Front Oncol. 2015; 5: 148
- Preclinical and clinical investigation of intratumoral chemotherapy pharmacokinetics in DIPG using gemcitabine.Neurooncol Adv. 2020; 2
- A multi-disciplinary consensus statement concerning surgical approaches to low-grade, high-grade astrocytomas and diffuse intrinsic pontine gliomas in childhood (CPN Paris 2011) using the Delphi method.Neuro Oncol. 2013; 15: 462-468
- Leptomeningeal and subependymal seeding of diffuse intrinsic pontine glioma: a case report.Childs Nerv Syst. 2022; 38: 1643-1645
- Treatment strategies in diffuse midline gliomas with the H3K27M mutation: the role of convection-enhanced delivery in overcoming anatomic challenges.Front Oncol. 2019; 9: 31
- Diffuse intrinsic pontine glioma: current insights and future directions.Chin Neurosurg J. 2021; 7: 6
- Deceptive morphologic and epigenetic heterogeneity in diffuse intrinsic pontine glioma.Oncotarget. 2017; 8: 60447-60452
- Liquid biopsy for diffuse intrinsic pontine glioma: an update.J Neurosurg Pediatr. 2019; : 1-8
- Liquid biopsy for pediatric diffuse midline glioma: a review of circulating tumor DNA and cerebrospinal fluid tumor DNA.Neurosurg Focus. 2020; 48: E9
- Cell-free tumor DNA (cf-tDNA) liquid biopsy: current methods and use in brain tumor immunotherapy.Front Immunol. 2022; 13882452
- Potent antitumor efficacy of anti-GD2 CAR T cells in H3–K27M(+) diffuse midline gliomas.Nat Med. 2018; 24: 572-579