- •Na/Ca channel blockers are associated with improved GBM overall survival.
- •Na/Ca channel blockers are associated with improved GBM cancer specific survival.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Psychiatric aspects of brain tumors: A review.World J Psychiatry. 2015; 5: 273-285
- Seizure prognosis in brain tumors: new insights and evidence-based management.Oncologist. 2014; 19: 751-759
- Enhanced lithium-induced brain recovery following cranial irradiation is not impeded by inflammation.Stem Cells Transl Med. 2012; 1: 469-479
- Valproic acid enhances the efficacy of radiation therapy by protecting normal hippocampal neurons and sensitizing malignant glioblastoma cells.Oncotarget. 2015; 6: 35004-35022
- Lithium treatment prevents neurocognitive deficit resulting from cranial irradiation.Cancer Res. 2006; 66: 11179-11186
- Using lithium as a neuroprotective agent in patients with cancer.BMC Med. 2012; 10: 131
- Updated Overview of the SEER-Medicare Data: Enhanced Content and Applications.J Natl Cancer Inst Monogr. 2020; 3–13: 2020
Tashiro S, Nishibuchi I, Wondergem J: Why Radiotherapy Works Chapter 6. International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), IAEA, 2017.
- Antipsychotic drugs scavenge radiation-induced hydroxyl radicals and intracellular ROS formation, and protect apoptosis in human lymphoma U937 cells.Free Radical Res. 2019; 53: 304-312
- Oxidative stress parameters in unmedicated and treated bipolar subjects during initial manic episode: a possible role for lithium antioxidant effects.Neurosci Lett. 2007; 421: 33-36
- The anticonvulsant zonisamide scavenges free radicals.Epilepsy Res. 1998; 30: 153-158
Zhuo C, Xun Z, Hou W, et al. Surprising Anticancer Activities of Psychiatric Medications: Old Drugs Offer New Hope for Patients with Brain Cancer. Front Pharmacol 10:1262-1262, 2019.
- Anti-tumor mechanisms of valproate: a novel role for an old drug.Med Res Rev. 2002; 22: 492-511
- Valproic acid affected the survival and invasiveness of human glioma cells through diverse mechanisms.J Neurooncol. 2012; 109: 23-33
- Valproic acid inhibits angiogenesis in vitro and glioma angiogenesis in vivo in the brain.Neurol Med Chir (Tokyo). 2012; 52: 186-193
- P450 enzyme inducing and non-enzyme inducing antiepileptics in glioblastoma patients treated with standard chemotherapy.J Neurooncol. 2005; 72: 255-260
- Prolonged survival with valproic acid use in the EORTC/NCIC temozolomide trial for glioblastoma.Neurology. 2011; 77: 1156-1164
- Valproic acid use during radiation therapy for glioblastoma associated with improved survival.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2013; 86: 504-509
- Effect of valproic acid on seizure control and on survival in patients with glioblastoma multiforme.Neuro Oncol. 2013; 15: 961-967
- Survival analysis for valproic acid use in adult glioblastoma multiforme: a meta-analysis of individual patient data and a systematic review.Seizure. 2014; 23: 830-835
- Does Valproic Acid or Levetiracetam Improve Survival in Glioblastoma? A Pooled Analysis of Prospective Clinical Trials in Newly Diagnosed Glioblastoma.J Clin Oncol. 2016; 34: 731-739
- Prognostic relevance of epilepsy at presentation in glioblastoma patients.Neuro Oncol. 2016; 18: 700-706
- Prognostic Factors in Glioblastoma: Is There a Role for Epilepsy?.Neurol Med Chir (Tokyo). 2018; 58: 110-115
- Seizures at presentation are correlated with better survival outcomes in adult diffuse glioma: A systematic review and meta-analysis.Seizure. 2018; 59: 16-23
- Epileptic features and survival in glioblastomas presenting with seizures.Epilepsy Res. 2017; 130: 1-6
- The efficacy of temozolomide combined with levetiracetam for glioblastoma (GBM) after surgery: a study protocol for a double-blinded and randomized controlled trial.Trials. 2022; 23: 234