- •The aim of the present study was to clarify prognostic of prior cancer history on patients with high-grade glioma.
- •Survival was analyzed using Cox regression and competing risk.
- •Subgroup analysis revealed that prior cancer history was a significant prognostic factor for survival in patients.
- •Patients with a prior history of tumors in clinical trials require careful consideration.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Changing profiles of cancer burden worldwide and in China: a secondary analysis of the global cancer statistics 2020.Chin Med J (Engl). 2021; 134 (10/gjsmm8): 783-791
- Risk of second primary malignancies among cancer survivors in the United States, 1992 through 2008.Cancer. 2016; 122 (10/gfzzfv): 3075-3086
Ostrom QT, Gittleman H, Liao P, Rouse C, Chen Y, Dowling J, et al. CBTRUS statistical report: primary brain and central nervous system tumors diagnosed in the United States in 2007–2011. Neuro Oncol 2014;16:iv1–63. https://doi.org/10/gj3td6.
- Current FDA-approved therapies for high-grade malignant gliomas.Biomedicines. 2021; 9 (10/gpjz5r): 324
- Comparison of dosimetric gains provided by intensity-modulated radiotherapy, volume-modulated arc therapy, and helical tomotherapy for high-grade glioma.Biomed Res Int. 2020; 2020 (10/gpj2gf): 1-9
- The role of temozolomide in the management of patients with newly diagnosed anaplastic astrocytoma: a comparison of survival in the era prior to and following the availability of temozolomide.J Neurooncol. 2016; 127 (10/f8cd46): 165-171
- Survival of women diagnosed with breast cancer and who have survived a previous cancer.Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2021; 187 (10/gphs8c): 853-865
- Survival of patients newly diagnosed with colorectal cancer and with a history of previous cancer.Cancer Med. 2021; 10 (10/gphznj): 4752-4767
- A phase II trial of arsenic trioxide and temozolomide in combination with radiation therapy for patients with malignant gliomas.J Neurooncol. 2017; 133 (10/gbrg7s): 589-594
- Phase I study of sorafenib combined with radiation therapy and temozolomide as first-line treatment of high-grade glioma.Br J Cancer. 2014; 110 (10/f56ds2): 2655-2661
- NRG oncology RTOG 9006: a phase III randomized trial of hyperfractionated radiotherapy (RT) and BCNU versus standard RT and BCNU for malignant glioma patients.J Neurooncol. 2018; 137 (10/gc5frh): 39-47
- Phase II study of weekly carboplatin in pretreated adult malignant gliomas.J Neurooncol. 2019; 144 (10/gpj2n9): 211-216
- Effect of prior cancer on survival outcomes for patients with pancreatic adenocarcinoma: a propensity score analysis.BMC Cancer. 2019; 19 (10/gpk4qq): 509
- Impact of prior cancer history on survival of patients with gastric cancer.Eur J Surg Oncol. 2021; 47 (10/gphzqp): 2286-2294
- Effect of prior cancer on trial eligibility and treatment outcomes in nasopharyngeal carcinoma: Implications for clinical trial accrual.Oral Oncol. 2019; 90 (10/gpm7kb): 23-29
- Association between extent of resection on survival in adult brainstem high-grade glioma patients.J Neurooncol. 2019; 145 (10/gpjqh7): 479-486
- Impact of prior cancer history on the survival of patients with larynx cancer.BMC Cancer. 2020; 20 (10/gpk4m9): 1137
Zhou H, Zhang Y, Liu J, Fang W, Yang Y, Hong S, et al. Impact of prior cancer on outcomes in nasopharyngeal carcinoma. Ann Transl Med 2019;7:299–299. https://doi.org/10/gpmz7s.
- The risk of heart disease-related death among anaplastic astrocytoma patients after chemotherapy: a SEER population-based analysis.Front Oncol. 2022; 12 (10/gqkdjz)870843
- Association between preadmission metformin use and outcomes in intensive care unit patients with sepsis and type 2 diabetes: a cohort study.Front Med. 2021; 8 (10/gm8899)640785
Lin J, Bytnar JA, Theeler BJ, McGlynn KA, Shriver CD, Zhu K. Survival among glioma patients in the U.S. Military Health System: a comparison with patients in the surveillance, epidemiology, and end results (SEER) Program. Cancer 2020;126:3053–60. https://doi.org/10/gpmx5c.
- Importance of the intersection of age and sex to understand variation in incidence and survival for primary malignant gliomas.Neuro-Oncology. 2022; 24 (10/gpj2gn): 302-310
- The impact of a history of cancer on pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma survival.United European Gastroenterol J. 2018; 6 (10/gdvrdg): 888-894
- Prognosis of hepatocellular carcinoma among cancer survivors with other types of primary tumors.Dig Dis Sci. 2020; 65 (10/gjhvj4): 2140-2147
- Proportion of U.S. Trends in breast cancer incidence attributable to long-term changes in risk factor distributions.Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2018; 27 (10/gpm2d7): 1214-1222
- Meta-analysis of the association between dietary inflammatory index (DII) and cancer outcomes.Int J Cancer. 2017; 141 (10/gb4j8d): 2215-2227
- Clinical trial participation among patients enrolled in the Glioma Outcomes Project.Cancer. 2002; 94 (10/cgn4qx): 2681-2687
- Prior malignancy impact on survival outcomes of glioblastoma multiforme; population-based study.Int J Neurosci. 2019; 129 (10/gpnm4x): 447-454
- Impact of prior cancer history on outcomes in thymoma: a propensity score, population-based study.Gland Surg. 2021; 10 (10/gkxzrk): 1618-1626
- Potential impact of revised NCI eligibility criteria guidance: prior malignancy exclusion in breast cancer clinical trials.J Natl Compr Canc Netw. 2022; 20 (10/gqknv3): 792-799.e4
- Impact of prior cancer on the prognosis of patients with laryngeal cancer: a population-based study using the surveillance, epidemiology, and end results database.Front Oncol. 2020; 10 (10/gpnm54)561330
- Research on effectiveness of prior cancer on survival outcomes for patients with nonmetastatic triple-negative breast cancer: a competing risk analysis and propensity score matching analysis of the SEER database.J Oncol. 2021; 2021 (10/gpnndd): 1-12
- BCNU wafer placement with temozolomide (TMZ) in the immediate postoperative period after tumor resection followed by radiation therapy with TMZ in patients with newly diagnosed high grade glioma: final results of a prospective, multi-institutional, phase II trial.J Neurooncol. 2015; 123 (10/f7dxnt): 259-266
- Concurrent and adjuvant temozolomide for newly diagnosed grade III gliomas without 1p/19q Co-deletion: a randomized, open-label, phase 2 study (KNOG-1101 Study).Cancer Res Treat. 2020; 52 (10/gpj2f9): 505-515
- Impact of prior cancer history on the clinical outcomes in advanced breast cancer: a propensity score-adjusted, Population-Based Study.Cancer Res Treat. 2020; 52 (10/gqkc9z): 552-562