- •Admission NT-pro BNP levels after aSAH are highly correlated with c-TnT levels.
- •Elevated NT-pro BNP levels after aSAH are independently associated with poor outcomes.
- •The optimal NT-pro BNP level for the prediction of a poor outcome is 253.4 pg/mL.
- •NT-pro BNP adds only a minor predictive value for the prognosis of aSAH patients.
Abbreviations:NT-pro BNP (N-terminal pro-brain-type natriuretic peptide)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Diagnostic and prognostic values of B-type natriuretic peptides (BNP) and N-terminal fragment brain natriuretic peptides (NT-pro-BNP).Cardiovasc J Afr. 2013; 24: 286-289https://doi.org/10.5830/CVJA-2013-055
- Essential biochemistry and physiology of (NT-pro)BNP.Eur J Heart Fail. 2004; 6: 257-260
- Long-term stability of endogenous B-type natriuretic peptide (BNP) and amino terminal proBNP (NT-proBNP) in frozen plasma samples.Clin Chem Lab Med. 2004; 42: 942-944
- Deconvolution analysis of cardiac natriuretic peptides during acute volume overload.Hypertension. 2000; 36: 355-359https://doi.org/10.1161/01.hyp.36.3.355
- Use of BNP and NT-proBNP for the diagnosis of heart failure in the emergency department: a systematic review of the evidence.Heart Fail Rev. 2014; 19: 421-438
- NT-pro-BNP: A novel predictor of stroke risk after transient ischemic attack.Int J Cardiol. 2020; 298: 93-97
- The role of N-terminal pro-brain natriuretic peptide in evaluating the prognosis of patients with intracerebral hemorrhage.J Neurol. 2017; 264: 2081-2087https://doi.org/10.1007/s00415-017-8602-0
- Intrathecal and systemic concentration of NT-proBNP in patients with severe traumatic brain injury.J Neurotrauma. 2006; 23: 943-949
- Guidelines for the management of aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage: a guideline for healthcare professionals from the American Heart Association/american Stroke Association.Stroke. 2012; 43: 1711-1737
- Spontaneous subarachnoid haemorrhage.Lancet. 2017; 389: 655-666https://doi.org/10.1016/S0140-6736(16)30668-7
- Subarachnoid hemorrhage.N Engl J Med. 2017; 377: 257-266
- Cardiac troponin elevation, cardiovascular morbidity, and outcome after subarachnoid hemorrhage.Circulation. 2005; 112: 2851-2856
- Cardiac dysfunction after aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage: relationship with outcome.Neurology. 2014; 82: 351-358
- Impact of cardiac complications on outcome after aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage: a meta-analysis.Neurology. 2009; 72: 635-642
- Cardiac troponin elevation and outcome after subarachnoid hemorrhage: a systematic review and meta-analysis.J Stroke Cerebrovasc Dis. 2015; 24: 2375-2384https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jstrokecerebrovasdis.2015.06.030
- Predictors of increased cumulative serum levels of the N-terminal prohormone of brain natriuretic peptide 4 days after acute spontaneous subarachnoid hemorrhage.J Neurosurg. 2014; 120: 599-604https://doi.org/10.3171/2013.8.JNS13625
- Laboratory biomarkers of delayed cerebral ischemia after subarachnoid hemorrhage: a systematic review.Neurosurg Rev. 2020; 43: 825-833
- Elevated high-sensitive troponin T on admission is an indicator of poor long-term outcome in patients with subarachnoid haemorrhage: a prospective observational study.Crit Care. 2016; 20: 11https://doi.org/10.1186/s13054-015-1181-5
- High-sensitivity cardiac troponin T and risk of hypertension.Circulation. 2015; 132: 825-833
- Predictors of neurocardiogenic injury after subarachnoid hemorrhage.Stroke. 2004; 35: 548-551
- Myocardial injury and left ventricular performance after subarachnoid hemorrhage.Stroke. 1999; 30: 780-786
- Plasma B-type natriuretic peptide levels are associated with early cardiac dysfunction after subarachnoid hemorrhage.Stroke. 2005; 36: 1567-1569
- The relationships between BNP and neurocardiac injury severity, noninvasive cardiac output, and outcomes after aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage.Biol Res Nurs. 2017; 19: 531-537https://doi.org/10.1177/1099800417711584
- Elevated BNP is associated with vasospasm-independent cerebral infarction following aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage.Neurocrit Care. 2011; 15: 13-18
- Correlation of serum brain natriuretic peptide with hyponatremia and delayed ischemic neurological deficits after subarachnoid hemorrhage.Neurosurgery. 2004; 54: 1369-1374
- Higher levels of admission N-terminal pro-brain natriuretic peptide are associated with delayed cerebral ischemia following aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage.Neurocrit Care. 2022; https://doi.org/10.1007/s12028-022-01556-6
- Role of high-sensitivity troponin-T and N-terminal Pro B-type natriuretic peptide as an early predictor of myocardial dysfunction in aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage: a prospective observational study.Neurol India. 2022; 70: 1475-1480https://doi.org/10.4103/0028-3886.355116