- •We chose 8 most commonly observed behaviors from the CRS-R to form simplified CRS-R.
- •The accuracy between simplified CRS-R and the standard CRS-R was comparable.
- •The simplified CRS-R could serve as a helpful screening tool for patients with DOC.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- The changing spectrum of coma. Nature clinical practice Neurology.Nat Clin Pract Neurol. 2008; 4: 544-546https://doi.org/10.1038/ncpneuro0887
- Practice Guideline Update Recommendations Summary: Disorders of Consciousness: Report of the Guideline Development, Dissemination, and Implementation Subcommittee of the American Academy of Neurology; the American Congress of Rehabilitation Medicine; and the National Institute on Disability, Independent Living, and Rehabilitation Research.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2018; 99: 1699-1709https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apmr.2018.07.001
- Monitoring rate of recovery to predict outcome in minimally responsive patients.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 1991; 72: 897-901https://doi.org/10.1016/0003-9993(91)90008-7
- The JFK Coma Recovery Scale-Revised: measurement characteristics and diagnostic utility.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2004; 85: 2020-2029https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apmr.2004.02.033
Recommendations for use of uniform nomenclature pertinent to patients with severe alterations in consciousness. American Congress of Rehabilitation Medicine. Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 1995;76(2):205-9. 10.1016/s0003-9993(95)80031-x.
- Recovery from disorders of consciousness: mechanisms, prognosis and emerging therapies.Nat Rev Neurol. 2021; 17: 135-156https://doi.org/10.1038/s41582-020-00428-x
- The diagnosis of stupor and coma.Contemp Neurol Ser. 1972; 10: 1-286
Medical aspects of the persistent vegetative state (1). N Engl J Med. 1994;330(21):1499-508. 10.1056/nejm199405263302107.
- The minimally conscious state: definition and diagnostic criteria.Neurology. 2002; 58: 349-353https://doi.org/10.1212/wnl.58.3.349
Lucia Francesca Lucca, et al. Outcome prediction in disorders of consciousness: the role of coma recovery scale revised. BMC Neurol.2019;19(1):68. https://doi: 10.1186/s12883-019-1293-7.
- The vegetative state BMJ. 2010; 341c3765https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.c3765
Bodien YG, et al. Sensitivity and Specificity of the Coma Recovery Scale--Revised Total Score in Detection of Conscious Awareness. Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2016;97(3):490-2.e1. 10.1016/j.apmr.2015.08.422.
- Validation of the Chinese version of the Coma Recovery Scale-Revised (CRS-R).Brain Inj. 2019; 33: 529-533https://doi.org/10.1080/02699052.2019.1566832
- Prevalence of coma-recovery scale-revised signs of consciousness in patients in minimally conscious state.Neuropsychol Rehabil. 2018; 28: 1350-1359https://doi.org/10.1080/09602011.2017.1310656
- Assessment scales for disorders of consciousness: evidence-based recommendations for clinical practice and research.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2010; 91: 1795-1813https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apmr.2010.07.218
- Minimally conscious state “plus”: diagnostic criteria and relation to functional recovery.J Neurol. 2020; 267: 1245-1254https://doi.org/10.1007/s00415-019-09628-y
- The misdiagnosis of prolonged disorders of consciousness by a clinical consensus compared with repeated coma-recovery scale-revised assessment.BMC Neurol. 2020; 20: 343https://doi.org/10.1186/s12883-020-01924-9
- Disorders of Consciousness due to Traumatic Brain Injury: Functional Status Ten Years Post-Injury.J Neurotrauma. 2019; 36: 1136-1146https://doi.org/10.1089/neu.2018.5954
- Comprehensive Systematic Review Update Summary: Disorders of Consciousness: Report of the Guideline Development, Dissemination, and Implementation Subcommittee of the American Academy of Neurology; the American Congress of Rehabilitation Medicine; and the National Institute on Disability, Independent Living, and Rehabilitation Research.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2018; 99: 1710-1719https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apmr.2018.07.002
- Which behaviours are first to emerge during recovery of consciousness after severe brain injury?.Ann Phys Rehabil Med. 2020; 63: 263-269https://doi.org/10.1016/j.rehab.2019.10.004
- Measuring consciousness in coma and related states.World J Radiol. 2014; 6: 589-597https://doi.org/10.4329/wjr.v6.i8.589
- Diagnostic accuracy of the vegetative and minimally conscious state: clinical consensus versus standardized neurobehavioral assessment.BMC Neurol. 2009; 9: 35https://doi.org/10.1186/1471-2377-9-35
- The repetition of behavioral assessments in diagnosis of disorders of consciousness.Ann Neurol. 2017; 81: 883-889https://doi.org/10.1002/ana.24962
- Coma Recovery Scale-Revised With and Without the Emotional Stimulation of Caregivers.Can J Neurol Sci. 2019; 46: 607-609https://doi.org/10.1017/cjn.2019.227
- From unresponsive wakefulness to minimally conscious PLUS and functional locked-in syndromes: recent advances in our understanding of disorders of consciousness.J Neurol. 2011; 258: 1373-1384https://doi.org/10.1007/s00415-011-6114-x