- •Microwave ablation is a safe ablation technique for treating spinal metastasis.
- •Microwave ablation is an effective technique for pain palliation in patients with spinal metastasis.
- •Microwave ablation as an effective technique for long-term locoregional tumor control of oligometastatic spinal disease.
Abbreviations:PET/CT (Positron Emission Tomography ? Computer Tomography), MWA (MIcrowave Ablation), VAS (Visual Analogue Scale), ESCC (Epidural Spinal Cord Compression), RT/ SBRT (Radiation therapy/ Stereotactic body Radiation therapy)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Malignant involvement of the spine: assessment by 18F-FDG PET/CT.J Nucl Med. 2004; 45: 279-284
- Bone metastases: an overview.Oncol Rev. 2017; 11: 321
- Essential concepts for the management of metastatic spine disease: what the surgeon should know and practice.Global Spine J. 2019; 9: 98S-107S
- Palliation of bone metastases.in: Halperin E.C. Wazer D.E. Perez C.A. Brady L.W. Perez and Brady's principles and practice of radiation oncology. seventh ed. Wolters Kluwer, Philadelphia2019
- Fluorine-18-fluorodeoxyglucose-positron emission tomography evaluation in metastatic bone lesions in lung cancer: Possible prediction of pain and skeletal-related events.Thorac Cancer. 2019; 10: 980-987
- Quality of life measurement in bone metastases: A literature review.J Pain Res. 2008; 1: 49-58
- Spinal metastases in breast cancer: single center experience.World Neurosurg. 2014; 82: 1344-1350
- Oligometastases.J Clin Oncol. 1995; 13: 8-10
Halperin EC, Wazer DE, Perez CA, Brady LW. Perez and Brady's principles and practice of radiation oncology; 2019.
- Efficacy and safety of percutaneous microwave ablation and cementoplasty in the treatment of painful spinal metastases and myeloma.AJNR Am J Neuroradiol. 2018; 39: 1376-1383
- Percutaneous microwave ablation and cementoplasty: clinical utility in the treatment of painful extraspinal osseous metastatic disease and myeloma.AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2019; 212: 1377-1384
- Combined microwave ablation and cementoplasty in patients with painful bone metastases at high risk of fracture.Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol. 2016; 39: 74-80
- Percutaneous tumor ablation tools: microwave, radiofrequency, or cryoablation–what should you use and why?.Radiographics. 2014; 34: 1344-1362
- Percutaneous bone tumor management.Semin Intervent Radiol. 2010; 27: 124-136
- Current role of microwave ablation in the treatment of small hepatocellular carcinomas.Ann Gastroenterol. 2016; 29: 460-465
- Combined microwave ablation and minimally invasive open decompression for the management of thoracic metastasis in breast cancer.Cancer Manag Res. 2018; 10: 1397-1401
- Microwave tumor ablation: mechanism of action, clinical results, and devices.J Vasc Interv Radiol. 2010; 21: S192-S203
- Microwave ablation: principles and applications.Radiographics. 2005; 25: S69-S83
- Phantom and animal tissues for modelling the electrical properties of human liver.Int J Hyperthermia. 2003; 19: 89-101
- Use of percutaneous microwave ablation for the treatment of bone tumors: a retrospective study of clinical outcomes in 47 patients.Cancer Imaging. 2019; 19: 87
- Microwave ablation as a treatment for spinal metastatic tumors: a systematic review.World Neurosurg. 2021; 148: 15-23
- The oligometastatic state – separating truth from wishful thinking.Nat Rev Clin Oncol. 2014; 11: 549-557
- Percutaneous microwave ablation of bone tumors: a systematic review.Eur Radiol. 2021; 31: 3530-3541
- Stereotactic body radiotherapy for spinal metastases: a review.Med Oncol. 2022; 39: 103
- Thermal ablation techniques: a curative treatment of bone metastases in selected patients?.Eur Radiol. 2014; 24: 1971-1980
- Radiographic local control of spinal metastases with percutaneous radiofrequency ablation and vertebral augmentation.AJNR Am J Neuroradiol. 2016; 37: 759-765
- Percutaneous image-guided ablation of bone metastases: local tumor control in oligometastatic patients.Int J Hyperthermia. 2018; 35: 493-499
- A review of recently published radiotherapy treatment guidelines for bone metastases: contrasts or convergence?.J Bone Oncol. 2012; 1: 18-23
- Microwave thermal ablation of spinal metastatic bone tumors.J Vasc Interv Radiol. 2014; 25: 1470-1475
- Which combination treatment is better for spinal metastasis: percutaneous vertebroplasty with radiofrequency ablation, 125I seed, zoledronic acid, or radiotherapy?.Am J Ther. 2019; 26: e38-e44
- Percutaneous image-guided radiofrequency ablation of painful metastases involving bone: a multicenter study.J Clin Oncol. 2004; 22: 300-306
- Consolidative stereotactic ablative radiotherapy (SABR) to intrapulmonary lesions is associated with prolonged progression-free survival and overall survival in oligometastatic NSCLC patients: A prospective phase 2 study.Lung Cancer. 2021; 152: 119-126
- Current management of oligometastatic lung cancer and future perspectives: results of thermal ablation as a local ablative therapy.Cancers (Basel). 2021; 13: 5202