- •Patient-reported outcome measures (PROMs) are key components of value-based healthcare.
- •In patients with adult spinal deformity (ASD), Medicaid patients showed worse baseline PROMs.
- •Stakeholders in ASD care should account for baseline PROM differences to provide equitable care.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Clinical Neuroscience
- Adult spinal deformity.The Lancet. 2019; 394: 160-172
- Adult scoliosis: prevalence, SF-36, and nutritional parameters in an elderly volunteer population.Spine. 2005; 30: 1082-1085
- Scoliosis in the elderly: a follow-up study.Spine. 1982; 7: 355-359
- Impact on health related quality of life of adult spinal deformity (ASD) compared with other chronic conditions.Eur Spine J. 2015; 24: 3-11
- The role of patient-reported outcome measures in value-based payment reform.Value in Health. 2017; 20: 834-836
- Value-based healthcare: person-centered measurement: focusing on the three C’s.Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research®. 2017; 475: 315-317
American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery. Patient Reported Outcomes.
Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. Blueprint for the CMS Measures Management System.
U.S.C. Bureau Health Insurance Coverage in the United States 2020. 2021.
- Comparison of Utilization, Costs, and Quality of Medicaid vs Subsidized Private Health Insurance for Low-Income Adults.JAMA Netw Open. 2021; 4: e2032669
- Access to care, cost of care, and satisfaction with care among adults with private and public health insurance in the US.JAMA Netw Open. 2021; 4: e2110275
- Social determinants of health influence access to care and outcomes in patients undergoing anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction: a systematic review.Arthroscopy. 2021;
- The Frank Stinchfield Award: the impact of socioeconomic factors on outcome after THA: a prospective, randomized study.Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research®. 2011; 469: 339-347
- Social determinants of health and patient-reported outcomes following total hip and knee arthroplasty in veterans.J Arthroplasty. 2020; 35: 2357-2362
- Total Joint Arthroplasty: A Granular Analysis of Outcomes in the Economically Disadvantaged Patient.J Arthroplasty. 2016; 31: 41-44
- The effect of payer type on patient-reported outcomes in total joint arthroplasty is modulated by baseline patient characteristics.J Arthroplasty. 2019; 34: 1072-1075
- Correlation between patient-reported outcome measures and health insurance provider types in patients with hip osteoarthritis.JBJS. 2021; 103: 1521-1530
- The effect of health insurance coverage on orthopaedic patient-reported outcome measures.JAAOS-J Am Acad Orthopaedic Surgeons. 2020; 28: e729-e734
- The effect of lower socioeconomic status insurance on outcomes after primary shoulder arthroplasty.J Shoulder Elbow Surg. 2018; 27: S35-S42
Crawford AM, Xiong GX, Lightsey HM, Goh BC, Smith JT, Hershman SH, et al. Insurance Type is Associated with Baseline Patient-Reported Outcome Measures in Patients with Lumbar Stenosis. Spine (Phila Pa 1976)2022.
- A new method of classifying prognostic comorbidity in longitudinal studies: development and validation.J Chronic Diseases. 1987; 40: 373-383
Internal Revenue Service. SOI Tax Stats - Individual Income Tax Statistics – ZIP Code Data.
- Initial adult health item banks and first wave testing of the patient-reported outcomes measurement information system (PROMIS™) network: 2005–2008.J Clin Epidemiol. 2010; 63: 1179
- Determining validity, discriminant ability, responsiveness, and minimal clinically important differences for PROMIS in adult spinal deformity.J Neurosurgery: Spine. 2021; 34: 725-733
- Responsiveness and minimally important differences for 4 patient-reported outcomes measurement information system short forms: physical function, pain interference, depression, and anxiety in knee osteoarthritis.J Pain. 2017; 18: 1096-1110
- Comparing CESD-10, PHQ-9, and PROMIS depression instruments in individuals with multiple sclerosis.Rehabilitation Psychol. 2014; 59: 220
- Minimal clinically important difference for PROMIS physical function and pain interference in patients following surgical treatment of distal radius fracture.J Hand Surgery. 2021;
- Minimum clinically important difference in lumbar spine surgery patients: a choice of methods using the Oswestry Disability Index, Medical Outcomes Study questionnaire Short Form 36, and pain scales.Spine J. 2008; 8: 968-974
- Can we define success criteria for lumbar disc surgery? Estimates for a substantial amount of improvement in core outcome measures.Acta Orthopaedica. 2013; 84: 196-201
- Minimal important change (MIC): a conceptual clarification and systematic review of MIC estimates of PROMIS measures.Qual Life Res. 2021; 30: 2729-2754
- Simple as possible? Or too simple?: possible limits to the universality of the one half standard deviation.Med Care. 2003; 41: 593-596
- Interpretation of changes in health-related quality of life: the remarkable universality of half a standard deviation.Med Care. 2003; 582–92
- Primary payer status is significantly associated with postoperative mortality, morbidity, and hospital resource utilization in pediatric surgical patients within the United States.J Pediatr Surg. 2013; 48: 81-87
- Timeliness of surgical care in children with special health care needs: delayed palate repair for publicly insured and minority children with cleft palate.J Pediatr Surg. 2011; 46: 1319-1324