- •The incidences of IS recurrence and composite endpoint event increased significantly with the increase of ESRS and SPI-II scores.
- •Both ESRS and SPI- II scores could stratify the risk of 5-year IS recurrence and composite vascular events.
- •The predictive powers of ESRS and SPI- II scores are basically the same in Chinese IS patients.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Global, regional, and national age-sex specific mortality for 264 causes of death, 1980–2016: a systematic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2016.Lancet (London, England). 2017; 390: 1151-1210
- Cause-specific mortality for 240 causes in China during 1990–2013: a systematic subnational analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2013.Lancet (London, England). 2016; 387: 251-272
- Disability-adjusted life years (DALYs) for 291 diseases and injuries in 21 regions, 1990–2010: a systematic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2010.Lancet (London, England). 2012; 380: 2197-2223
- Global, regional, and national burden of neurological disorders, 1990–2016: a systematic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2016.The Lancet Neurology. 2019; 18: 459-480
- Risk and cumulative risk of stroke recurrence: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Stroke. 2011; 42: 1489-1494
- Long-term mortality after first-ever and recurrent stroke in young adults.Stroke. 2014; 45: 2670-2676
- Stroke in China: advances and challenges in epidemiology, prevention, and management.The Lancet Neurology. 2019; 18: 394-405
- Prevalence, Incidence, and Mortality of Stroke in China: Results from a Nationwide Population-Based Survey of 480 687 Adults.Circulation. 2017; 135: 759-771
- Trends in the incidence of recurrent stroke at 5 years after the first-ever stroke in rural China: a population-based stroke surveillance from 1992 to 2017.Aging. 2019; 11: 1686-1694
- Mortality and recurrent vascular events after first incident stroke: a 9-year community-based study of 0·5 million Chinese adults.The Lancet Global health. 2020; 8: e580-e590
Committee, C.S., A randomised, blinded, trial of clopidogrel versus aspirin in patients at risk of ischaemic events (CAPRIE). CAPRIE Steering Committee. Lancet (London, England), 1996. 348(9038): p. 1329-39.
- The stroke prognosis instrument II (SPI-II): A clinical prediction instrument for patients with transient ischemia and nondisabling ischemic stroke.Stroke. 2000; 31: 456-462
- The Essen stroke risk score predicts recurrent cardiovascular events: a validation within the REduction of Atherothrombosis for Continued Health (REACH) registry.Stroke. 2009; 40: 350-354
- Systemic risk score evaluation in ischemic stroke patients (SCALA): a prospective cross sectional study in 85 German stroke units.J Neurol. 2007; 254: 1562-1568
- Validation of the Essen Stroke Risk Score in different subtypes of ischemic stroke.Neurol Res. 2017; 39: 504-508
- Validation of the Essen Stroke Risk Score and the Stroke Prognosis Instrument II in Chinese patients.Stroke. 2011; 42: 3619-3620
- Prediction of recurrent stroke and vascular death in patients with transient ischemic attack or nondisabling stroke: a prospective comparison of validated prognostic scores.Stroke. 2010; 41: 487-493
- Prediction of major vascular events in patients with transient ischemic attack or ischemic stroke: a comparison of 7 models.Stroke. 2010; 41: 2178-2185
- Poor performance of current prognostic scores for early risk of recurrence after minor stroke.Stroke. 2011; 42: 632-637
- Prestroke Vascular Pathology and the Risk of Recurrent Stroke and Poststroke Dementia.Stroke. 2016; 47: 2119-2122
- Duration of diabetes and risk of ischemic stroke: the Northern Manhattan Study.Stroke. 2012; 43: 1212-1217
- Recurrent Stroke: The Value of the CHA2DS2VASc Score and the Essen Stroke Risk Score in a Nationwide Stroke Cohort.Stroke. 2015; 46: 2491-2497
- Comparison of Prevalence, Awareness, Treatment, and Control of Cardiovascular Risk Factors in China and the United States.Journal of the American Heart Association. 2018; 7
- Prevalence and Ethnic Pattern of Diabetes and Prediabetes in China in 2013.JAMA. 2017; 317: 2515-2523
- Comparing the areas under two or more correlated receiver operating characteristic curves: a nonparametric approach.Biometrics. 1988; 44: 837-845
- Five-Year Risk of Stroke after TIA or Minor Ischemic Stroke.The New England journal of medicine. 2018; 378: 2182-2190
- Persistence of secondary prevention medication and related factors for acute ischemic stroke and transient ischemic attack in China.Neurol Res. 2017; 39: 492-497
- A Validation of the Essen Stroke Risk Score in Outpatients with Ischemic Stroke.Journal of stroke and cerebrovascular diseases : the official journal of National Stroke Association. 2016; 25: 2189-2195
- A modified Essen Stroke Risk Score for predicting recurrent ischemic stroke at one year.Neurol Res. 2018; 40: 204-210
- Prediction of Early Recurrence After Acute Ischemic Stroke.JAMA neurology. 2016; 73: 396-401
- Formal and informal prediction of recurrent stroke and myocardial infarction after stroke: a systematic review and evaluation of clinical prediction models in a new cohort.BMC medicine. 2014; 12: 58
- Guidelines for the Early Management of Patients With Acute Ischemic Stroke: 2019 Update to the 2018 Guidelines for the Early Management of Acute Ischemic Stroke: A Guideline for Healthcare Professionals From the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association.Stroke. 2019; 50: e344-e418
- Time to recurrence after first-ever ischaemic stroke within 3 years and its risk factors in Chinese population: a prospective cohort study.BMJ open. 2019; 9e032087
- Socioeconomic Status and the Risk of Stroke Recurrence in Chinese Patients.Neuroepidemiology. 2019; 53: 180-186
- Rate and Determinants of Recurrence at 1 Year and 5 Years After Stroke in a Low-Income Population in Rural China.Front Neurol. 2020; 11: 2
- A Risk Score Including Carotid Plaque Inflammation and Stenosis Severity Improves Identification of Recurrent Stroke.Stroke. 2020; 51: 838-845
- A Nomogram for Predicting Stroke Recurrence Among Young Adults.Stroke. 2020; 51: 1865-1867
- Antiplatelet Strategies and Outcomes in Patients with Noncardioembolic Ischemic Stroke from a Real-World Study with a Five-Year Follow-Up.Translational stroke research. 2017; 8: 228-233