- •A risk model for cognitive impairment in the older Chinese inpatients was built.
- •Age, diabetes, depression and educational level were included in this model.
- •The prediction model had a high sensitivity (86.2%) and a low specificity (59.4%).
- •It is helpful to “identify” high risk patients rather than “rule out” those at low risk.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- World Alzheimer Report. 2018; ([cited 2020 June 17]. Available from:)
- Global, regional, and national burden of Alzheimer's disease and other dementias, 1990–2016: a systematic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2016.Lancet Neurol. 2019; 18: 88-106
- Dementia in China: epidemiology, clinical management, and research advances.Lancet Neurol. 2020; 19: 81-92
Wu YT, Ali GC, Guerchet M, Prina AM, Chan KY, Prince M, et al. Prevalence of dementia in mainland China, Hong Kong and Taiwan: an updated systematic review and meta-analysis. Int J Epidemiol. 2018;47(3):709-19.
- Predicting dementia from primary care records: A systematic review and meta-analysis.PLoS ONE. 2018; 13: e0194735
- Dementia risk prediction in the population: are screening models accurate?.Nat Rev Neurol. 2010; 6: 318-326
- Composite risk scores for predicting dementia.Curr Opin Psychiatry. 2016; 29: 174-180
- Risk factors for dementia diagnosis in German primary care practices.Int Psychogeriatr. 2016; 28: 1059-1065
- Symptoms of preclinical dementia in general practice up to five years before dementia diagnosis.Dement Geriatr Cogn Disord. 2007; 24: 300-306
- Predicting dementia risk in primary care: development and validation of the Dementia Risk Score using routinely collected data.BMC Med. 2016; 14: 6
- Predictive values of body mass index and waist circumference for risk factors of certain related diseases in Chinese adults–study on optimal cut-off points of body mass index and waist circumference in Chinese adults.Biomed Environ Sci. 2002; 15: 83-96
- Diagnostic accuracy of the Geriatric Depression Scale-30, Geriatric Depression Scale-15, Geriatric Depression Scale-5 and Geriatric Depression Scale-4 for detecting major depression: protocol for a systematic review and individual participant data meta-analysis.BMJ Open. 2018; 8: e026598
- Mini-mental State. A practical method for grading the cognitive state of patients for the clinician.J Psychiatr Res. 1975; 12: 189-198
- Is the Montreal Cognitive Assessment (MoCA) test better suited than the Mini-Mental State Examination (MMSE) in mild cognitive impairment (MCI) detection among people aged over 60? Meta-analysis.Psychiatria Polska. 2016; 50: 1039-1052
- Summary of the evidence on modifiable risk factors for cognitive decline and dementia: A population-based perspective.Alzheimers Dementia. 2015; 11: 718-726
- Understanding diagnostic tests 3: Receiver operating characteristic curves.Acta Paediatr. 2007; 96: 644-647
- Diagnostic accuracy measures.Cerebrovasc Dis. 2013; 36: 267-272
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus as a risk factor for Alzheimer's disease: review and meta-analysis.Biomedicines. 2022; 10: 778
- Predictors of new dementia diagnoses in elderly individuals: a retrospective cohort study based on prefecture-wide claims data in Japan.Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2021; 18: 1-9
- Depression and dementia in older adults: a neuropsychological review.Aging Dis. 2021; 12: 1920-1934
- Evidence-based prevention of Alzheimer's disease: systematic review and meta-analysis of 243 observational prospective studies and 153 randomised controlled trials.J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry. 2020; 91: 1201-1209
- Predicting risk of dementia in older adults: The late-life dementia risk index.Neurology. 2009; 73: 173-179
- Current developments in dementia risk prediction modelling: an updated systematic review.PLoS ONE. 2015; 10: e0136181
- Prediction models for dementia and neuropathology in the oldest old: the Vantaa 85+ cohort study.Alzheimers Res Ther. 2019; 11
- Clinical variables and biomarkers in prediction of cognitive impairment in patients with newly diagnosed Parkinson's disease: a cohort study.Lancet Neurol. 2017; 16: 66-75
- Influenza infections and risk of Alzheimer’s disease.Brain Behav Immun. 2016; 57: 187-192
- Alzheimer's disease neuroimaging I. Prediction and classification of Alzheimer's disease based on combined features from apolipoprotein-E genotype, cerebrospinal fluid, MR, and FDG-PET imaging biomarkers.Front Comput Neurosci. 2019; 13: 72
- Visit-to-visit HbA(1c) variability is associated with cardiovascular disease and microvascular complications in patients with newly diagnosed type 2 diabetes.Diabetes Care. 2020; 43: 426-432
- Study design and baseline characteristics of inpatients with diabetes mellitus in a tertiary hospital in China: A database study based on electronic medical records.J Evid Based Med. 2018; 11: 152-157