- •Patients with deep-supratentorial extension had lower rates of gross total resection.
- •Deep-supratentorial extension was associated with worse overall survival.
- •Greater deep structure involvement worsened overall and progression-free survival.
- •There was no survival difference for deep tumors that achieved gross total resection.
Wen PY, Weller M, Lee EQ, Alexander BM, Barnholtz-Sloan JS, Barthel FP, et al. Glioblastoma in adults: a Society for Neuro-Oncology (SNO) and European Society of Neuro-Oncology (EANO) consensus review on current management and future directions. Neuro Oncol. 2020;22:1073-113.
- An integrative model of cellular states, plasticity, and genetics for glioblastoma.Cell. 2019; 178e21
Mistry AM, Kelly PD, Gallant JN, Mummareddy N, Mobley BC, Thompson RC, et al. Comparative analysis of subventricular zone glioblastoma contact and ventricular entry during resection in predicting dissemination, hydrocephalus, and survival. Neurosurgery. 2019;85:E924-E32.
- A comparison of long-term survivors and short-term survivors with glioblastoma, subventricular zone involvement: a predictive factor for survival?.Radiat Oncol. 2014; 9: 95
- The subventricular zone, a hideout for adult and pediatric high-grade glioma stem cells.Front Oncol. 2020; 10614930
- Glioblastomas located in proximity to the subventricular zone (SVZ) exhibited enrichment of gene expression profiles associated with the cancer stem cell state.J Neurooncol. 2020; 148: 455-462
- Influence of glioblastoma contact with the lateral ventricle on survival: a meta-analysis.J Neurooncol. 2017; 131: 125-133
- Glioblastoma recurrence patterns after radiation therapy with regard to the subventricular zone.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2014; 90: 886-893
- Adverse prognosis and distinct progression patterns after concurrent chemoradiotherapy for glioblastoma with synchronous subventricular zone and corpus callosum invasion.Radiother Oncol. 2016; 118: 16-23
- The prognostic role of IDH mutations in homogeneously treated patients with anaplastic astrocytomas and glioblastomas.Acta Neuropathol Commun. 2019; 7: 156
- MGMT gene silencing and benefit from temozolomide in glioblastoma.N Engl J Med. 2005; 352: 997-1003
Larjavaara S, Mantyla R, Salminen T, Haapasalo H, Raitanen J, Jaaskelainen J, et al. Incidence of gliomas by anatomic location. Neuro Oncol. 2007;9:319-25.
- Impact of removed tumor volume and location on patient outcome in glioblastoma.J Neurooncol. 2017; 135: 161-171
Hadjipanayis CG, Widhalm G, Stummer W. What is the surgical benefit of utilizing 5-aminolevulinic acid for fluorescence-guided surgery of malignant gliomas? Neurosurgery. 2015;77:663-73.
- Effects of 5-ALA dose on resection of glioblastoma.J Neurooncol. 2019; 141: 523-531
- Intraoperative MRI-guided resection of glioblastoma multiforme: a systematic review.Lancet Oncol. 2011; 12: 1062-1070
Berendsen S, van Bodegraven E, Seute T, Spliet WGM, Geurts M, Hendrikse J, et al. Adverse prognosis of glioblastoma contacting the subventricular zone: Biological correlates. PLoS One. 2019;14:e0222717.
Esquenazi Y, Moussazadeh N, Link TW, Hovinga KE, Reiner AS, DiStefano NM, et al. Thalamic glioblastoma: clinical presentation, management strategies, and outcomes. Neurosurgery. 2018;83:76-85.
- Corpus callosum involvement and postoperative outcomes of patients with gliomas.J Neurooncol. 2015; 124: 207-214
Dayani F, Young JS, Bonte A, Chang EF, Theodosopoulos P, McDermott MW, et al. Safety and outcomes of resection of butterfly glioblastoma. Neurosurg Focus. 2018;44:E4.
- The butterfly effect on glioblastoma: is volumetric extent of resection more effective than biopsy for these tumors?.J Neurooncol. 2014; 120: 625-634
- Association of maximal extent of resection of contrast-enhanced and non-contrast-enhanced tumor with survival within molecular subgroups of patients with newly diagnosed glioblastoma.JAMA Oncol. 2020; 6: 495-503
- Survival benefit of lobectomy for glioblastoma: moving towards radical supramaximal resection.J Neurooncol. 2020; 148: 501-508