- •Olfactory disfunction identified with the Brief Smell Identification Test for Chinese and Hyposmia Rating Scale still existed in nearly one-third of COVID-19 patients after a 3 months recovery.
- •Olfactory function kept recovering continuously through a five-weeks follow up.
- •There’s a potential that olfactory impairment will last forever as an irreversible symptom in some COVID-19 patients.
- A novel coronavirus from patients with pneumonia in china, 2019.N Engl J Med. 2020; 382: 727-733
Organization WH, World Health Data Platform. https://covid19.who.int, 2021. Accessed 5 July 2021.
- COVID-19 patients' clinical characteristics, discharge rate, and fatality rate of meta-analysis.J Med Virol. 2020; 92: 577-583
- Utility of hyposmia and hypogeusia for the diagnosis of COVID-19.Lancet Infect Dis. 2020; 20: 1014-1015
- Isolated sudden onset anosmia in COVID-19 infection. A novel syndrome?.Rhinology. 2020; 58: 299-301
Kaye R, Chang CWD, Kazahaya K, et al., COVID-19 Anosmia Reporting Tool: Initial Findings. (1097-6817 (Electronic)).
- Response system for and epidemiological features of COVID-19 in gyeongsangnam-do province in South Korea..Clin Infect Dis. 2020;
Chung TW, Sridhar S, Zhang AJ, et al., Olfactory Dysfunction in Coronavirus Disease 2019 Patients: Observational Cohort Study and Systematic Review. (2328-8957 (Print)).
Mao L, Jin H, Wang M, et al., Neurologic manifestations of hospitalized patients with coronavirus disease 2019 in Wuhan, China. JAMA Neurol, 2020.
- Olfactory and gustatory dysfunctions as a clinical presentation of mild-to-moderate forms of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19): a multicenter European study.Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol. 2020; 277: 2251-2261
- Olfactory dysfunction in recovered coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) patients.Mov Disord. 2020; 35: 1100-1101
- Anosmia-A clinical review.Chem Senses. 2017; 42: 513-523
- Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) for preventing Alzheimer's disease.Behav Brain Res. 2017; 334: 163-177
- Anosmia and Ageusia in Parkinson's disease.Int Rev Neurobiol. 2017; 133: 541-556
- Validation of a new scale to assess olfactory dysfunction in patients with Parkinson's disease.Parkinsonism Relat Disord. 2012; 18: 358-361
- Validation of a new olfactory test for Chinese Parkinson's disease patients.J Clin Neurosci. 2020; 76: 31-35
- Prevalence and recovery from olfactory and gustatory dysfunctions in Covid-19 infection: a prospective multicenter study.Am J Rhinol Allergy. 2020; 34: 686-693
- Incomplete and late recovery of sudden olfactory dysfunction in COVID-19.Braz J Otorhinolaryngol. 2020; 86: 490-496
- Comment to the article “Olfactory and gustatory dysfunctions as a clinical presentation of mild-to-moderate forms of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19): a multicenter European study”.Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol. 2020; 277: 2391-2392
- Unawareness of olfactory dysfunction and its association with cognitive functioning in middle aged and old adults.Arch Clin Neuropsychol. 2011; 26: 260-269
- Expression of the SARS-CoV-2 entry proteins, ACE2 and TMPRSS2, in cells of the olfactory epithelium: identification of cell types and trends with age.ACS Chem Neurosci. 2020; 11: 1555-1562
- Primary cilia on horizontal basal cells regulate regeneration of the olfactory epithelium.J Neurosci. 2015; 35: 13761-13772
- Smell dysfunction: a biomarker for COVID-19.Int Forum Allergy Rhinol. 2020; 10: 944-950
- Presence of both odor identification and detection deficits in Alzheimer's disease.Brain Res Bull. 1987; 18: 597-600
- Magnetic resonance imaging alteration of the brain in a patient with Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) and Anosmia.JAMA Neurol. 2020; 77: 1028https://doi.org/10.1001/jamaneurol.2020.2125
- Smell identification ability: changes with age.Science. 1984; 226: 1441-1443
- Role of socioeconomic status in hypertension among chinese middle-aged and elderly individuals.Int J Hypertens. 2019; 2019: 6956023
- Sex-related differences in olfactory function and evaluation of possible confounding factors among patients with Parkinson's disease.J Neurol. 2020; 267: 57-63
- Analysis of clinical characteristics of 141 patients with postviral olfactory dysfunction.Lin Chung Er Bi Yan Hou Tou Jing Wai Ke Za Zhi. 2017; 31: 749-752
- Olfactory dysfunction in Parkinson's disease: Positive effect of cigarette smoking.Mov Disord. 2015; 30: 859-862