- •This study evaluated the contribution of risk factors correlated with angiographic vasospasm using XAI.
- •Results showed an association between aneurysm size and age as well as angiographic vasospasm.
- •This study provided evidence about risk factors of cerebral vasospasm and the efficacy of machine learning models.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Hyperacute vasospasm after aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage.Neurocrit Care. 2016; 24: 180-188
- Risk factor for poor outcome in elderly patients with aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage based on post hoc analysis of the modified WFNS scale study.World Neurosurg. 2020; 141: e466-e473
- Multivariate analysis of predictors of cerebral vasospasm occurrence after aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage.Stroke. 1999; 30: 1402-1408
Haley EC, Jr., Kassell NF, Torner JC, Truskowski LL, Germanson TP. A randomized trial of two doses of nicardipine in aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage. A report of the Cooperative Aneurysm Study. J Neurosurg. 1994;80:788-96.
- Risk factors for cerebral vasospasm following aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage: a review of the literature.World Neurosurg. 2016; 85: 56-76
- Predicting long-term outcomes after poor-grade aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage using decision tree modeling.Neurosurgery. 2020; 87: 523-529
- Machine learning improves prediction of delayed cerebral ischemia in patients with subarachnoid hemorrhage.J Neurointerv Surg. 2019; 11: 497-502
- Artificial intelligence in the management of intracranial aneurysms: current status and future perspectives.AJNR Am J Neuroradiol. 2020; 41: 373-379
- Random forests.Machine Learn. 2001; 45: 5-32
- Random forest: a classification and regression tool for compound classification and QSAR modeling.J Chem Inf Comput Sci. 2003; 43: 1947-1958
- From local explanations to global understanding with explainable AI for trees.Nature Machine Intel. 2020; 2: 56-67
- A qualitative research framework for the design of user-centered displays of explanations for machine learning model predictions in healthcare.BMC Med Inf Decis Making. 2020; 20: 1-16
Cohen SB, Ruppin E, Dror G. Feature selection based on the Shapley value. IJCAI2005. p. 665-70.
Bowen D, Ungar L. Generalized SHAP: Generating multiple types of explanations in machine learning. arXiv preprint arXiv:200607155. 2020.
Bouneder L, Léo Y, Lachapelle A. X-SHAP: towards multiplicative explainability of Machine Learning. arXiv preprint arXiv:200604574. 2020.
- Receiver operating characteristic (ROC) curve for medical researchers.Indian Pediatr. 2011; 48: 277-287
- Machine learning prediction of the adverse outcome for nontraumatic subarachnoid hemorrhage patients.Ann Clin Transl Neurol. 2020; 7: 2178-2185
- Development of machine learning models to prognosticate chronic shunt-dependent hydrocephalus after aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage.Acta Neurochir (Wien). 2020; 162: 3093-3105
- Predicting the outcome of patients with subarachnoid hemorrhage using machine learning techniques.IEEE Trans Inf Technol Biomed. 2009; 13: 794-801
- Thick and diffuse cisternal clot independently predicts vasospasm-related morbidity and poor outcome after aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage.J Neurosurg. 2020; 1–9
- Risk factors associated with cerebral vasospasm following aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage.Neurol Med Chir (Tokyo). 2014; 54: 465-473
Lee E, Braines D, Stiffler M, Hudler A, Harborne D. Developing the sensitivity of LIME for better machine learning explanation. Artificial intelligence and machine learning for multi-domain operations applications: International Society for Optics and Photonics; 2019. p. 1100610.
- Fooling lime and shap: adversarial attacks on post hoc explanation methods.in: Proceedings of the AAAI/ACM conference on AI, ethics, and society. 2020: 180-186
- XAI-Explainable artificial intelligence.Sci Robot. 2019; 4
- Factors associated with the development of vasospasm after planned surgical treatment of aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage.J Neurosurg. 2003; 99: 644-652
- Risk factors and outcome in 100 patients with aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage.Arq Neuropsiquiatr. 2001; 59: 676-680
- Age-associated vasospasm in aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage.J Stroke Cerebrovascular Dis. 2013; 22: 22-27