- •Cervical dystonia (CD) and tremor-dominant parkinsonian patients (TD-PD) did not differ on executive functioning.
- •CD and TD-PD show similar retrospective memory abilities.
- •Deficit of time-based prospective memory was observed in both CD and TD-PD.
- •TBPM deficit is associated with executive dysfunctions only in TD-PD.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Normal aging and prospective memory.J Exp Psychol Learn Mem Cogn. 1990; 16: 717
- Complex prospective memory and executive control of working memory: A process model.Psychol Test Assess Model. 2002; 44: 303
Bisiacchi PS (1996) The neuropsychological approach in the study of prospective memory. Prospective memory: Theory and applications, 297-317.
- The role of frontal and temporal lobe processes in prospective remembering.Brain Cognition. 2000; 44: 103-107
- The age-prospective memory-paradox: An exploration of possible mechanisms.Int Psychogeriatr. 2011; 23: 583-592
- Distinct and shared cognitive functions mediate event-and time-based prospective memory impairment in normal ageing.Memory. 2011; 19: 360-377
- Aging and prospective memory: examining the influences of self-initiated retrieval processes.J Exp Psychol Learn Mem Cogn. 1995; 21: 996-1007
- Human anterior prefrontal cortex encodes the ‘what’and ‘when’of future intentions.Neuroimage. 2012; 61: 139-148
- Differential involvement of regions of rostral prefrontal cortex (Brodmann area 10) in time-and event-based prospective memory.Int J Psychophysiol. 2007; 64: 233-246
- Prospective memory in Parkinson's disease: the role of the motor subtypes.J Neurol. 2019; 266: 2505-2511
- Cognitive correlates of prospective memory in dystonia.Parkinsonism Relat Disord. 2019; 66: 51-55
Wichmann T. Pathophysiologic basis of movement disorders. In: A. Niranjan L. D. Lunsford RM. Richardson (Eds.), Current Concepts in Movement Disorder Management, Prog Neurol Surg. Basel, Karger, 2018:33;13-24.
- Prospective memory functioning in individuals with Parkinson's disease: a systematic review.Clin Neuropsychol. 2018; 32: 937-959
- Diagnostic criteria for Parkinson disease.Arch Neurol. 1999; 56: 33-39
Jankovic J, McDermott M, Carter J, Gauthier S, Goetz C, Golbe L, Huber S, Koller W, Olanow C, Shoulson I, Stern M, Tanner C, Weiner W, Parkinson Study Group. Variable expression of Parkinson's disease: A base‐line analysis of the DAT ATOP cohort Neurology 1990;40(10):1529–29.
- The Montreal Cognitive Assessment, MoCA: a brief screening tool for mild cognitive impairment.J Am Geriatr Soc. 2005; 53: 695-699
- Normative data for the Montreal Cognitive Assessment in an Italian population sample.Neurol Sci. 2015; 36: 585-591
DSM-5 American Psychiatric Association. (2013). Diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders. Arlington: American Psychiatric Publishing.
- Systematic review of levodopa dose equivalency reporting in Parkinson's disease.Mov Disord. 2010; 25: 2649-2653
- Members of the UPDRS development committee. Unified Parkinson's disease rating scale.Recent Dev Parkinson's Dis. 1987; 2: 293-304
- Parkinsonism: onset, progression, and mortality.Neurology. 1967; 17 (427–427)
- Phenomenology and classification of dystonia: a consensus update.Mov Disord. 2013; 28: 863-873
- Memory for intentions screening test: Psychometric properties and clinical evidence.Brain Impair. 2009; 10: 23-33
Novelli G, Papagno C, Capitani E, Laiacona M. Tre test clinici di memoria verbale a lungo termine: Taratura su soggetti normali. Archivio di psicologia, neurologia e psichiatria 1986.
- Trail making test: normative values from 287 normal adult controls.Ital J Neurol Sci. 1996; 17: 305-309
- Modified card sorting test: normative data.J Clin Exp Neuropsyc. 2004; 26: 246-250
- Prospective and retrospective memory in normal ageing and dementia: A questionnaire study.Memory. 2000; 8: 311-321
- Psychometric properties of a new metamemory questionnaire for older adults.J Gerontol B Psychol Sci Soc Sci. 2002; 57: P19-P27
- Psychometric properties of the Italian version of the multifactorial memory questionnaire for adults and the elderly.Neurol Sci. 2016; 37: 681-691
- Developing a new apathy measurement scale: Dimensional Apathy Scale.Psychiatry Res. 2014; 219: 658-663
- Assessment of apathy independent of physical disability: validation of the Dimensional Apathy Scale in Italian healthy sample.Neurol Sci. 2017; 38: 303-309
- Reliability and validity of the Beck depression inventory in patients with Parkinson's disease.Mov Disord. 2006; 21: 668-672
- SPSS and SAS procedures for estimating indirect effects in simple mediation models.Behav Res Methods Instrum Comput. 2004; 36: 717-731
Hayes N (Ed.) Doing qualitative analysis in psychology. Psychology Press; 2013.
- Self-awareness of executive dysfunction in Huntington's disease: Comparison with Parkinson's disease and cervical dystonia.Psychiat Clin Neurosci. 2013; 67: 59-62
- Role of the cerebellum in time perception: a TMS study in normal subjects.J Neurol Sci. 2007; 263: 107-112
- World Scientific, 2006: 1-24 Timing the Future: The Case for a Time-Based Prospective Memory.
- World Scientific, 2006: 213-238 Timing the Future: The Case for a Time-Based Prospective Memory.
- Frontal lobe involvement in a task of time-based prospective memory.Neuropsychologia. 2009; 47: 1660-1669
- Network localization of cervical dystonia based on causal brain lesions.Brain. 2019; 142: 1660-1674
- Differential pattern of cerebellar atrophy in tremor-predominant and akinetic/rigidity-predominant Parkinson's disease.Cerebellum. 2017; 16: 623-628
- Does prospective memory influence quality of life in community-dwelling older adults?.Aging Neuropsychol Cogn. 2015; 22: 679-692