- •Delayed cerebral ischemia is a poorly predictable complication occurring after aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage.
- •Identified high risk patients allows close monitoring.
- •Cisternal amount of blood evaluated after initial resuscitation is correlated to risk of delayed cerebral ischemia.
- •High cisternal clot clearance rate seems associated with low probability of delayed cerebral ischemia.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Unfavorable outcome in patients with aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage WFNS Grade I.World Neurosurg. 2018; 118: e217-e222
- Delayed neurological deterioration after subarachnoid haemorrhage.Nat Rev Neurol. 2014; 10: 44-58
- Subarachnoid hemorrhage grading scales: a systematic review.Neurocrit Care. 2005; 2: 110-118
- Radiological scales predicting delayed cerebral ischemia in subarachnoid hemorrhage: systematic review and meta-analysis.Neuroradiology. 2019; 61: 247-256
- Prediction of outcome after subarachnoid hemorrhage: timing of clinical assessment.J Neurosurg. 2017; 126: 52-59
- Definition of delayed cerebral ischemia after aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage as an outcome event in clinical trials and observational studies: proposal of a multidisciplinary research group.Stroke. 2010; 41: 2391-2395
- Early brain injury after poor-grade subarachnoid hemorrhage.Curr Neurol Neurosci Rep. 2019; 19: 78
Fisher CM, Kistler JP, Davis JM. Relation of Cerebral Vasospasm to Subarachnoid Hemorrhage Visualized by Computerized Tomographic Scanning: Neurosurgery. 1980;6:1–9.
- Grading the amount of blood on computed tomograms after subarachnoid hemorrhage.Stroke. 1990; 21: 1156-1161
- Computed tomographic diagnosis of intraventricular hemorrhage, etiology and prognosis.. Radiology. 1982; 143: 91-96
- Guidelines for the management of aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage: a guideline for healthcare professionals from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association.Stroke. 2012; 43: 1711-1737
- Delayed cerebral ischaemia after subarachnoid haemorrhage: looking beyond vasospasm.Br J Anaesth. 2012; 109: 315-329
- Risk factors for cerebral vasospasm following aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage: a review of the literature.World Neurosurg. 2016; 85: 56-76
- Quantitative analysis of hemorrhage volume for predicting delayed cerebral ischemia after subarachnoid hemorrhage.Stroke. 2011; 42: 669-674
- Validation of the modified Graeb score in aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage.Acta Neurochir (Wien). 2015; 157: 1867-1872
- Intraventricular hemorrhage caused by subarachnoid hemorrhage: does the severity matter?.World Neurosurg. 2018; 111: e693-e702
- Intraventricular hemorrhage volume predicts poor outcomes but not delayed ischemic neurological deficits among patients with ruptured cerebral aneurysms.Neurosurgery. 2010; 67: 1044-1053
- Incorporating a modified graeb score to the modified fisher scale for improved risk prediction of delayed cerebral ischemia following aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage.Neurosurgery. 2018; 82: 299-305
- Association of quantified location-specific blood volumes with delayed cerebral ischemia after aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage.Am J Neuroradiol. 2018; 39: 1059-1064
- The use of computed tomography in the prediction of delayed cerebral infarction following acute aneurysm surgery for subarachnoid haemorrhage.Acta Neurochir (Wien). 1995; 132: 9-13
- Analysis of interobserver disagreement in the assessment of subarachnoid blood and acute hydrocephalus on CT scans.Neurol Res. 1996; 18: 487-494
Ibrahim GM, Vachhrajani S, Ilodigwe D, et al. Method of aneurysm treatment does not affect clot clearance after aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage, Neurosurgery 2012;70:102–109.
- Clot volume and clearance rate as independent predictors of vasospasm after aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage.J Neurosurg. 2004; 101: 255-261
Toyoda T, Yonekura I, Iijima A, Shinozaki M, Tanishima T. Clot-Clearance Rate in the Sylvian Cistern Is Associated with the Severity of Cerebral Vasospasm After Subarachnoid Hemorrhage [Internet]. In: Fandino J, Marbacher S, Fathi A-R, Muroi C, Keller E, editors. Neurovascular Events After Subarachnoid Hemorrhage. Cham: Springer International Publishing; 2015 [cited 2019 Aug 17]. p. 275–277.Available from: http://link.springer.com/10.1007/978-3-319-04981-6_46
- Prognosis of coma after therapeutic hypothermia: a prospective cohort study.Ann Neurol. 2012; 71: 206-212
- Quantitative analysis of hemorrhage clearance and delayed cerebral ischemia after subarachnoid hemorrhage.J NeuroInterventional Surg. 2016; 8: 923-926
- MR diagnosis of subacute and chronic subarachnoid hemorrhage: comparison with CT.Am J Roentgenol. 1995; 165: 1257-1262
- Fate of clots in patients with subarachnoid hemorrhage after different surgical treatment modality: a comparison between surgical clipping and guglielmi detachable coil embolization.Neurosurgery. 2011; 68: 966-973