- •Patients were included in this study with risk factors commonly excluded in other series.
- •Application of published exclusion criteria would have resulted in exclusion of ½–⅔ of our cohort.
- •Symptomatic improvement reported in 91.05% patients.
- •Improved results were observed in younger patients and those without peripheral neuropathy.
- •There were no deep infections.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Incidence of ulnar neuropathy at the elbow in the province of Siena (Italy).J Neurol Sci. 2005; 234: 5-10
Bartels RH. History of the surgical treatment of ulnar nerve compression at the elbow. Neurosurgery. 2001;49(2):391-399; discussion 399-400.
Caliandro P, La Torre G, Padua R, Giannini F, Padua L. Treatment for ulnar neuropathy at the elbow. The Cochrane database of systematic reviews. 2011(2):CD006839.
Biggs M, Curtis JA. Randomized, prospective study comparing ulnar neurolysis in situ with submuscular transposition. Neurosurgery. 2006;58(2):296-304; discussion 296-304.
Gervasio O, Gambardella G, Zaccone C, Branca D. Simple decompression versus anterior submuscular transposition of the ulnar nerve in severe cubital tunnel syndrome: a prospective randomized study. Neurosurgery. 2005;56(1):108-117; discussion 117.
Bartels RH, Verhagen WI, van der Wilt GJ, Meulstee J, van Rossum LG, Grotenhuis JA. Prospective randomized controlled study comparing simple decompression versus anterior subcutaneous transposition for idiopathic neuropathy of the ulnar nerve at the elbow: Part 1. Neurosurgery. 2005;56(3):522-530; discussion 522-530.
- Submuscular transposition of the ulnar nerve: review of safety, efficacy and correlation with neurophysiological outcome.J Clin Neurosci. 2005; 12: 524-528
- Surgical outcomes of 654 ulnar nerve lesions.J Neurosurg. 2003; 98: 993-1004
- A technique for transplanting the ulnar nerve.Surg Gynecol Obstet. 1942; 75: 792-793
- Ulnar nerve submuscular transposition.in: Wolfla C.E. Resnick D.K. Neurosurgical operative atlas: spine and peripheral nerves. 3rd ed. Thieme Medical Publishers, New York2016
- Development of an upper extremity outcome measure: the DASH (disabilities of the arm, shoulder and hand) [corrected]. The Upper Extremity Collaborative Group (UECG).Am J Ind Med. 1996; 29: 602-608
Song JW, Waljee JF, Burns PB, et al. An outcome study for ulnar neuropathy at the elbow: a multicenter study by the surgery for ulnar nerve (SUN) study group. Neurosurgery. 2013;72(6):971–981; discussion 981–972; quiz 982.
- MR imaging of the postsurgical cubital tunnel: an imaging review of the cubital tunnel, cubital tunnel syndrome, and associated surgical techniques.Skeletal Radiol. 2019;
- Cubital tunnel syndrome: comparative results of a multicenter study of 4 surgical techniques with a mean follow-up of 92 months.Orthop Traumatol Surg Res. 2014; 100: S205-208
- Ulnar neuropathy at the elbow: results of medial epicondylectomy.J Hand Surgery. 1989; 14: 182-188
- Anterior transposition compared with simple decompression for treatment of cubital tunnel syndrome. A meta-analysis of randomized, controlled trials.J Bone Joint Surgery Am. 2007; 89: 2591-2598
- Simple decompression or subcutaneous anterior transposition of the ulnar nerve for cubital tunnel syndrome.J Hand Surgery. 2005; 30: 521-524
Williams EH, Dellon AL. Anterior submuscular transposition. Hand Clinics. 2007;23(3):345-358, vi.
- Cubital tunnel syndrome: anterior transposition with epicondylar osteotomy.Orthopedics. 1986; 9: 711-715
- The intraneural topography of the radial, median and ulnar nerves.Brain. 1945; 68: 243-299
- The results of transposition of the ulnar nerve for traumatic ulnar neuritis.J Bone Joint Surgery Br. 1950; 32: 293-301
- Review of treatment results for ulnar nerve entrapment at the elbow.J Hand Surgery. 1989; 14: 688-700
- Anterior intramuscular transposition of the ulnar nerve.J Hand Surgery. 1989; 14: 972-979
- Patient reported outcome measures could help transform healthcare.BMJ. 2013; 346f167