- •Negative correlation between water intake and visual analog scale.
- •Negative correlation between water intake and migraine severity.
- •Negative correlation between water intake and frequency of headache.
- •Negative correlation between water intake and duration of headache.
- •Positive correlation between tea and migraine severity.
Methods and materials
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Olesen JJC. New Appendix Criteria Open for a Broader Concept of Chronic Migraine: Reply 2007;27(5):469–70.
Mirzaei MGR. A review of cammon migraine in girls high school and related fall in education in Shahrekord region 2004;5(4).
- Acceptance, appraisals, and coping in relation to migraine headache: an evaluation of interrelationships using daily diary methods.J Behav Med. 2011; 34: 307-320
- Anxiety stress and coping behaviours in primary care migraine patients: results of the SMILE study.Cephalalgia. 2008; 28: 1115-1125
Kachouei H et al. Evaluation of provocating factors of migraine attacks; 2006.
Jensen R, Stovner LJ, Epidemiology and comorbidity of headache 2008;7(4):354–61
- Drug therapy of migraine.N Engl J Med. 1993; 329: 1476-1483
- Magnetic resonance angiography of intracranial and extracranial arteries in patients with spontaneous migraine without aura: a cross-sectional study.Lancet Neurol. 2013; 12: 454-461
Spigt M, et al. A randomized trial on the effects of regular water intake in patients with recurrent headaches 2011;29(4):370–75.
- Migraine associated with water deprivation and progressive myopia.Cephalalgia. 2006; 26: 758-760
- Water-deprivation headache: a new headache with two variants.Headache. 2004; 44: 79-83
Blau JN, Pain F. Water deprivation: a new migraine precipitant 2005;45(6):757–59
- More on water and migraine.Cephalalgia. 2007; 27: 372-374
- Dietary Reference Intakes for Water, Potassium, Sodium, Chloride, and Sulfate. Chapter 4-Water.Army Research Inst of Environmental Medicine Natick MA, 2005
- The alcohol hangover.Ann Intern Med. 2000; 132: 897-902
- The first-of-Ramadan headache.Headache. 1999; 39: 490-493
- Medicine and mechanisms in altitude sickness.Sports Med. 1995; 20: 148-159
- Treatment of suspected heat illness.Int J Sports Med. 1998; 19: S150-S153
Levin MJ, Pain F. The international classification of headache disorders, (ICHD III)–changes and challenges 2013;53(8):1383–95.
- Measuring pain. Visual analog scale versus numeric pain scale: what is the difference?.J Chiropr Med. 2005; 4: 43
Lee HS, et al. The reliability and validity of the MIDAS (Migraine Disability Assessment) Questionnaire for Korean migraine sufferers. 2000;18(3):287-91.
- Reliability and validity of the migraine disability assessment scale among migraine and tension type headache in iranian patients.Biomed Res Int. 2014; 2014: 1-7
- Neurobiology of migraine.Nat Rev Neurosci. 2003; 4: 386-398
- Headache caused by drinking cold water is common and related to active migraine.Cephalalgia. 2001; 21: 230-235
- Drink at least eight glasses of water a day.” Really? Is there scientific evidence for “8 × 8”.Am J Physiol-Regulatory, Integrative Comparat Physiol. 2002; 283: R993-R1004
- An investigation of the salt and water balance in migraine.Br Med J. 1951; 2: 1424-1429