- •3D printing has been rarely used to model AVMs because of their complexity, especially for the whole and colorful model.
- •Each AVM model included the nidus, the feeding arteries, the draining veins, the sinuses, the adjacent principal arteries, and the skull.
- •The models were employed to plan surgical and endovascular treatments.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Clinical Neuroscience
- Three-dimensional printing model of anomalous bronchi before surgery.Ann Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2014; 20: 659-662
- Computer-aided custom-made hemipelvic prosthesis used in extensive pelvic lesions.J Arthroplasty. 2007; 22: 981-986
- Effect of prior hemorrhage on intracranial arteriovenous malformation radiosurgery outcomes.Cerebrovasc Dis. 2015; 39: 53-62
Hernesniemi JA, Dashti R, Juvela S, Vaart K, Niemela M, Laakso A: Natural history of brain arteriovenous malformations: a long-term follow-up study of risk of hemorrhage in 238 patients. Neurosurgery 63:823-829; discussion 829-831, 2008
- Demographic, morphological, and clinical characteristics of 1289 patients with brain arteriovenous malformation.Stroke. 2000; 31: 1307-1310
- Customized cranioplasty implants using three-dimensional printers and polymethyl-methacrylate casting.J Korean Neurosurg Soc. 2012; 52: 541-546
Kimura T, Morita A, Nishimura K, Aiyama H, Itoh H, Fukaya S, et al: Simulation of and training for cerebral aneurysm clipping with 3-dimensional models. Neurosurgery 65:719-725; discussion 725-716, 2009.
- Rapid prototyping techniques for anatomical modelling in medicine.Ann R Coll Surg Engl. 1997; 79: 169-174
- Molecular and cellular biology of cerebral arteriovenous malformations: a review of current concepts and future trends in treatment.Neurosurg Focus. 2014; 37: E1
Thawani JP, Pisapia JM, Singh N, Petrov D, Schuster JM, Hurst RW, et al. Three-Dimensional Printed Modeling of an Arteriovenous Malformation Including Blood Flow. World Neurosurg 90:675-683 e672, 2016.
- Comparison of two three-dimensional printed models of complex intracranial aneurysms for surgical simulation.World Neurosurg. 2017; 103: 671-679
- Three-dimensional intracranial middle cerebral artery aneurysm models for aneurysm surgery and training.J Clin Neurosci. 2018; 50: 77-82
- A low-cost surgical application of additive fabrication.J Surg Educ. 2014; 71: 14-17
- Optimizing cerebrovascular surgical and endovascular procedures in children via personalized 3D printing.J Neurosurg Pediatr. 2015; : 1-6
- Cerebrovascular biomodeling for aneurysm surgery: simulation-based training by means of rapid prototyping technologies.Surg Innov. 2011; 18: 294-306
- Cerebrovascular stereolithographic biomodeling for aneurysm surgery.Technical note. J Neurosurg. 2004; 100: 139-145