- •Domain specific cognitive disturbances are present in Parkinson’s disease (PD).
- •Intact executive, attention and memory domains characterise PD without dementia.
- •Deficits in several cognitive domains characterise dementia in PD.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Clinical Neuroscience
- Mild cognitive impairment in Parkinson disease A multicenter pooled analysis.Neurology. 2010; 75: 1062-1069
- Mild Cognitive Impairment in Parkinson’s Disease.Minerva Med. 2011; 102: 441-459
- The Sydney multicenter study of Parkinson’s disease: the inevitability of dementia at 20 years.Mov Disord Off J Mov Disord Soc. 2008; 23: 837-844https://doi.org/10.1002/mds.21956
- A 10-year study of the incidence of and factors predicting dementia in Parkinson’s disease.Neurology. 2000; 54: 1596-1603https://doi.org/10.1212/WNL.54.8.1596
- Prevalence of dementia in Latin America, India, and China: a population-based cross-sectional survey.Lancet Lond Engl. 2008; 372: 464-474https://doi.org/10.1016/S0140-6736(08)61002-8
- Neuropsychological and clinical heterogeneity of cognitive impairment and dementia in patients with Parkinson’s disease.Lancet Neurol. 2010; 9: 1200-1213https://doi.org/10.1016/S1474-4422(10)70212-X
- Cognitive function in Parkinson’s disease: From description to theory.Trends Neurosci. 1990; 13: 21-29https://doi.org/10.1016/0166-2236(90)90058-I
- Early cognitive changes and nondementing behavioral abnormalities in Parkinson’s disease.Adv Neurol. 2005; 96: 84-94
- Attentional deficits affect activities of daily living in dementia-associated with Parkinson’s disease.J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry. 2006; 77: 1136-1142https://doi.org/10.1136/jnnp.2006.093146
- Analyzing the subcortical dementia syndrome of Parkinson’s disease using the RBANS.Arch Clin Neuropsychol Off J Natl Acad Neuropsychol. 2003; 18: 509-520
- The source of the memory impairment in Parkinson’s disease: acquisition versus retrieval.Mov Disord Off J Mov Disord Soc. 2014; 29: 765-771https://doi.org/10.1002/mds.25842
- Accuracy of clinical diagnosis of idiopathic Parkinson’s disease: a clinico-pathological study of 100 cases.J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry. 1992; 55: 181-184
- Parkinsonism onset, progression, and mortality.Neurology. 1967; 17 (427–427)
- “Mini-mental state”. A practical method for grading the cognitive state of patients for the clinician.J Psychiatr Res. 1975; 12: 189-198
- The cognitive ability of an incident cohort of Parkinson’s patients in the UK.The CamPaIGN study. Brain. 2004; 127: 550-560https://doi.org/10.1093/brain/awh067
- The Clinical Dementia Rating (CDR): current version and scoring rules.Neurology. 1993; 43: 2412-2414
- Memory activation enhances EEG abnormality in mild cognitive impairment.Neurobiol Aging. 2007; 28: 85-90https://doi.org/10.1016/j.neurobiolaging.2005.11.006
Classics in the History of Psychology – Stroop (1935) 2017. http://psychclassics.yorku.ca/Stroop/ (accessed July 17, 2017).
- The construction & standardization of a clinical test of memory in simple hindi.National Psych Corp. 1977;
- Handbook Of P G I Battery Of Brain Dysfunction (pgi-Bbd).National Psych Corpor. 1990;
- Trail making test results for normal and brain-damaged children.Percept Mot Skills. 1971; 33: 575-581https://doi.org/10.2466/pms.1918.104.22.1685
- Validity of the trail making test as an indicator of organic brain damage.Percept Mot Skills. 1958; 8: 271-276https://doi.org/10.2466/pms.1922.214.171.1241
Mukundan C.R. NIMHANS neuropsychological battery: test descriptions, instructions, clinical data and interpretation. In: Proceedings of the National Workshop in Clinical Neuropsychology; 24–29 October NIMHANS, Bangalore, India. Bangalore; 1996.
- Prevalence and characteristics of dementia in Parkinson disease: An 8-year prospective study.Arch Neurol. 2003; 60: 387-392https://doi.org/10.1001/archneur.60.3.387
- Short-term memory and temporal ordering in early Parkinson’s disease: effects of disease chronicity and medication.Neuropsychologia. 1993; 31: 933-949
- The roles of sequencing and verbal working memory in sentence comprehension deficits in Parkinson’s disease.Brain Lang. 2006; 97: 243-257https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bandl.2005.10.011
- Verbal fluency in Parkinson’s disease.Neuropsychologia. 1990; 28: 737-741
- Post mortem studies in Parkinson’s disease–is it possible to detect brain areas for specific symptoms?.J Neural Transm Suppl. 1999; 56: 1-29
- Pattern of regional cortical thinning associated with cognitive deterioration in Parkinson’s disease.PLoS One. 2013; 8e54980https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0054980
- Prodromal frontal/executive dysfunction predicts incident dementia in Parkinson’s disease.J Int Neuropsychol Soc JINS. 2003; 9: 17-24
- Effects of mental flexibility and motor dysfunction on cognitive performance in patients with Parkinson’s disease.Arch Neurosci. 2015;2.; https://doi.org/10.5812/archneurosci.21087
- Decreased dopamine in the retinas of patients with Parkinson’s disease.Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 1990; 31: 2473-2475
- Influence of sociodemographic variables on neuropsychological test performance in Spanish-speaking older adults.J Clin Exp Neuropsychol. 2007; 29: 530-544https://doi.org/10.1080/13803390600814740
- Effects of age, gender, and education on cognitive tests in a rural elderly community sample: norms from the Monongahela Valley Independent Elders Survey.Neuroepidemiology. 1991; 10: 42-52
- Effect of literacy on neuropsychological test performance in nondemented, education-matched elders.J Int Neuropsychol Soc JINS. 1999; 5: 191-202