- •An ATA-to-PCA anastomosis is feasible to revascularize the posterior circulation.
- •Harvesting the ATA poses a significantly lower risk of ischemia due to parent artery occlusion during anastomosis.
- •The ATA can be an alternative to extracranial bypass donor segments for revascularization of complex aneurysms.
Abbreviations:ACA (anterior cerebral artery), ATA (anterior temporal artery), EC-IC (extracranial-to-intracranial), ICA (internal carotid artery), IC-IC (intracranial-to-intracranial), MCA (middle cerebral artery), OA (occipital artery), PCA (posterior cerebral artery), PICA (posteroinferior cerebellar artery), SCA (superior cerebellar artery), STA (superficial temporal artery)
- Indications and results of direct cerebral revascularization in the modern era.World Neurosurg. 2015; 83: 345-350
- Anastomosis of the anterior temporal artery to a secondary trunk of the middle cerebral artery for treatment of a giant M1 segment aneurysm: case report.J Neurosurg. 1992; 76: 863-866
- In situ bypass in the management of complex intracranial aneurysms: technique application in 13 patients.Neurosurgery. 2005; 57 (discussion -5): 140-145
- Bypass surgery for complex brain aneurysms: an assessment of intracranial-intracranial bypass.Neurosurgery. 2009; 65 (discussion 83): 670-683
- Anterior cerebral artery bypass for complex aneurysms: an experience with intracranial-intracranial reconstruction and review of bypass options.J Neurosurg. 2014; 120: 1364-1377
- The supratentorial arteries.Neurosurgery. 2002; 51: S53-S120
- Microsurgical anatomy of the middle cerebral artery.J Neurosurg. 1981; 54: 151-169
- Microsurgical anatomy of the early branches of the middle cerebral artery: morphometric analysis and classification with angiographic correlation.J Neurosurg. 2003; 98: 1277-1290
- Topographic surgical anatomy of the parasylvian anterior temporal artery for intracranial-intracranial bypass.World Neurosurg. 2016; 93: 67-72
- Surgical revascularization of posterior circulation.in: Abdulrauf S.I. Cerebral Revascularization: Technique in Extracranial-to-Intracranial Bypass Surgery. Elsevier, 2010: 271-289
- IC-IC bypasses for complex brain aneurysms.in: Abdulrauf S.I. Cerebral Revascularization: Technique in Extracranial-to-Intracranial Bypass Surgery. Elsevier, 2010: 129-144
- Microsurgical anatomy of cerebral revascularization Part II: posterior circulation.J Neurosurg. 2005; 102: 132-147