- •Complete reporting of PRISMA items are essential for good research practice.
- •Sound application improves clinical practice.
- •Compliance enhances quality assessment.
- The PRISMA statement for reporting systematic reviews and meta-analyses of studies that evaluate healthcare intervention: explanation and elaboration.J Clin Epidemiol. 2009; 62: e1-e34
- Number of published systematic reviews and global burden of disease: database analysis.BMJ. 2003; 327: 1083-1084
Canadian Institutes of Health Research. Randomized controlled trials registration/application checklist; 2006. www.cihr-irsc.gc.ca/e/documents/rct_reg_e.pdf [Accessed 21 September 2016].
- Improving the quality of reports of meta-analyses of randomised controlled trials: the QUOROM statement. Quality of reporting of meta-analyses.Lancet. 1999; 354: 1896-1900
- Preferred reporting items for systematic reviews and meta-analyses: the PRISMA statement.Ann Intern Med. 2009; W64: 264-269
- Medical management with or without interventional therapy for unruptured brain arteriovenous malformations (ARUBA): a multicentre, non-blinded, randomised trial.Lancet. 2014; 383: 614-621
- Cochrane handbook for systematic reviews of interventions.in: The cochrane collaboration. 2011 (Version 5.1.0)
- Medical vs invasive therapy in AVM-related epilepsy systematic review and meta-analysis.Neurology. 2016; 86: 64-71
- Responses to ARUBA: a systematic review and critical analysis for the design of future arteriovenous malformation trials.J Neurosurg. 2016; 1–9
- Cerebral hemodynamics and the role of transcranial doppler applications in the assessment and management of cerebral arteriovenous malformations.J Clin Neurosci. 2016;
- Repeat radiosurgery for cerebral arteriovenous malformations.J Clin Neurosci. 2015; 22: 945-950
- Computed tomography angiography or magnetic resonance angiography for detection of intracranial vascular malformations in patients with intracerebral haemorrhage.The Cochrane Library, 2014
- Stereotactic radiosurgery with and without embolization for intracranial arteriovenous malformations: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Neurosurg Focus. 2014; 37: E16
- Methodology and reporting of meta-analyses in the neurosurgical literature: a review.J Neurosurg. 2014; 120: 796-810
- Evidence based medicine: what it is and what it isn’t.BMJ. 1996; 312: 71-72
- Treatment of brain arteriovenous malformations: a systematic review and meta-analysis.JAMA. 2011; 306: 2011-2019
- PRISMA assessment of the reporting quality of systematic review in orthodontics.Angle Orthod. 2013; 83: 158-163
- Epidemiology and reporting characteristics of systematic reviews.PLoS Med. 2007; 4: e78
- In search of the highest quality: levels of evidence in oral and maxillofacial surgery.J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2014; 72: 2102
- AMSTAR is a reliable and valid assessment tool to assess methodological quality of systematic reviews.J Clin Epidemiol. 2009; 62: 1013-1020
- Preferred reporting items for systematic reviews and meta-analyses (PRISMA) statement and publication bias.J Craniomaxillofac Surg. 2011; 39: 91-92