Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Clinical Neuroscience
- Historical characterization of trigeminal neuralgia.Neurosurgery. 2009; 64 ([discussion 1186–1187]): 1183-1186
- Trigeminal neuralgia: definition and classification.Neurosurg Focus. 2005; 18: E3
- Historical perspectives on the diagnosis and treatment of trigeminal neuralgia.Neurosurg Focus. 2005; 18: E4
- Epidemiology and treatment of neuropathic pain: the UK primary care perspective.Pain. 2006; 122: 156-162
- Incidence of facial pain in the general population.Pain. 2009; 147: 122-127
- Patient burden of trigeminal neuralgia: results from a cross-sectional survey of health state impairment and treatment patterns in six European countries.Pain Pract. 2006; 6: 153-160
- Incidence rates and treatment of neuropathic pain conditions in the general population.Pain. 2008; 137: 681-688
Shakur SF, Bhansali A, Mian AY, et al. Neurosurgical treatment of trigeminal neuralgia. Dis Mon 2011; 57:570–582.
Zakrzewska JM, Akram H. Neurosurgical interventions for the treatment of classical trigeminal neuralgia. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2011; 9:CD007312.
Bender M, Pradilla G, Batra S, et al. Effectiveness of Repeat Glycerol Rhizotomy in Treating Recurrent Trigeminal Neuralgia. Neurosurgery 2012;70:1125–33.
- Gamma knife radiosurgery for trigeminal neuralgia: results and expectations.Arch Neurol. 1998; 55: 1524-1529
- Long-term outcome after gamma knife surgery for secondary trigeminal neuralgia.J Neurosurg. 2001; 95: 199-205
- Gabapentin supplemented with ropivacain block of trigger points improves pain control and quality of life in trigeminal neuralgia patients when compared with gabapentin alone.Clin J Pain. 2008; 24: 64-75
- Glycerol rhizotomy versus gamma knife radiosurgery for the treatment of trigeminal neuralgia: an analysis of patients treated at one institution.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2005; 63: 82-90
- Stereotactic radiosurgery for trigeminal neuralgia: a multiinstitutional study using the gamma unit.J Neurosurg. 1996; 84: 940-945
- Trigeminal neuralgia radiosurgery: the University of Pittsburgh experience.Stereotact Funct Neurosurg. 1996; 66: 343-348
- Predictors of outcome in surgically managed patients with typical and atypical trigeminal neuralgia: comparison of results following microvascular decompression.J Neurosurg. 2002; 96: 527-531
- The long-term outcome of microvascular decompression for trigeminal neuralgia.N Engl J Med. 1996; 334: 1077-1083
- Long-term efficacy of microvascular decompression in trigeminal neuralgia.J Neurosurg. 1988; 69: 35-38
- Various surgical modalities for trigeminal neuralgia: literature study of respective long-term outcomes.Acta Neurochir (Wien). 2008; 150: 243-255
- Percutaneous retrogasserian glycerol injection in the management of trigeminal neuralgia: long-term follow-up results.J Neurosurg. 1990; 73: 212-216
- Patient’s assessment of outcome after three surgical procedures for the management of trigeminal neuralgia.Acta Neurochir (Wien). 1993; 122: 225-230
- A prospective 15-year follow up of 154 consecutive patients with trigeminal neuralgia treated by percutaneous stereotactic radiofrequency thermal rhizotomy.J Neurosurg. 1995; 83: 989-993
- Percutaneous retrogasserian glycerol rhizotomy for patients with idiopathic trigeminal neuralgia: a prospective analysis of factors related to pain relief.J Neurosurg. 2005; 102: 223-228
- Percutaneous retrogasserian glycerol rhizolysis in the management of trigeminal neuralgia.J Neurosurg. 1988; 69: 361-366
- Gamma knife radiosurgery as the first surgery for trigeminal neuralgia.Stereotact Funct Neurosurg. 1998; 70: 187-191
- Stereotactic radiosurgery for idiopathic trigeminal neuralgia.J Neurosurg. 2002; 97: 347-353
- Long-term outcomes of Gamma Knife radiosurgery for classic trigeminal neuralgia: implications of treatment and critical review of the literature. Clinical article.J Neurosurg. 2009; 111: 351-358
- Gamma knife surgery for trigeminal neuralgia: outcomes and prognostic factors.J Neurosurg. 2005; 102: 434-441
Rughani AI, Dumont TM, Lin CT, Tranmer BI, Horgan MA. Safety of microvascular decompression for trigeminal neuralgia in the elderly. Clinical article. J Neurosurg 2011; 115:202–9.
- Microvascular decompression for trigeminal neuralgia in elderly patients.J Neurosurg. 2008; 108: 689-691
- Microvascular decompression surgery in the United States, 1996 to 2000: mortality rates, morbidity rates, and the effects of hospital and surgeon volumes.Neurosurgery. 2003; 52 ([discussion 1251–61]): 1251-1261