Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- High prevalence of vitamin D inadequacy and implications for health.Mayo Clin Proc. 2006; 81: 353-373
- Age, vitamin D, and solar ultraviolet.Lancet. 1989; 2: 1104-1105
- Hypovitaminosis D and decreased bone mineral density in amyotrophic lateral sclerosis.Eur Neurol. 1997; 37: 225-229
- Calcium dynamics and buffering in oculomotor neurones from mouse that are particularly resistant during amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS)-related motoneurone disease.J Physiol. 2000; 525: 433-445
- Parvalbumin overexpression alters immune-mediated increases in intracellular calcium, and delays disease onset in a transgenic model of familial amyotrophic lateral sclerosis.J Neurochem. 2001; 79: 499-509
- 1Alpha, 25 dihydroxyvitamin D3-dependent up-regulation of calcium-binding proteins in motoneuron cells.J Neurosci Res. 1998; 51: 58-66
- Can vitamin D delay the progression of ALS?.Med Hypotheses. 2011; 76: 643-645
- El Escorial 4. Revisited: revised criteria for the diagnosis of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis.Amyotroph Lateral Scler Other Motor Neuron Disord. 2000; 1: 293-299
- Frontotemporal lobar degeneration: a consensus on clinical diagnostic criteria.Neurology. 1998; 51: 1546-1554
- A revised ALS functional rating scale that incorporates assessments of respiratory function. BDNF ALS study group (phase III).J Neurol Sci. 1999; 169: 13-21
- The use of percentage change from baseline as an outcome in a controlled trial is statistically inefficient: a simulation study.BMC Med Res Methodol. 2001; 1: 6
- 25-hydroxyvitamin D, vitamin D receptor gene polymorphisms, and severity of Parkinson’s disease.Mov Disord. 2012; 27: 264-271
- 25-Hydroxyvitamin D, dementia, and cerebrovascular pathology in elders receiving home services.Neurology. 2010; 74: 18-26
- Dietary vitamin D supplementation at 10× the adequate intake improves functional capacity in the G93A transgenic mouse model of ALS, a pilot study.CNS Neurosci Ther. 2012; 18: 547-557
- Vitamin D3 deficiency differentially affects functional and disease outcomes in the G93A mouse model of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis.PLoS One. 2011; 6: e29354
- Vitamin D insufficiency among free-living healthy young adults.Am J Med. 2002; 112: 659-662
- Serum 25-hydroxyvitamin D and functional outcomes in the elderly.Am J Clin Nutr. 2008; 88: 537S-540S
☆Conflicts of interest/disclosures: Dr. Karam served on the editorial board of the Neurology Resident & Fellow Section.