Primary cerebellopontine angle craniopharyngioma is rare; only 5 surgically treated patients have been reported. We report a 54-year-old female with craniopharyngioma occurring in isolation in the cerebellopontine angle and compare this patient with previously published reports. The origin of and surgical strategy for such tumors are discussed.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Clinical Neuroscience
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Giant cystic craniopharyngioma with posterior fossa extension.Pediatr Neurosurg. 2002; 37: 50-51
- Posterior fossa craniopharyngioma.Br J Neurosurg. 1996; 10: 613-615
- Isolated, giant cerebellopontine angle craniopharyngioma in a patient with Gardner syndrome: case report.Neurosurgery. 2002; 51: 221-225
- A case of ectopic craniopharyngioma.Chinese J Neurosurg. 2006; 21: 762
- Primary cerebellopontine angle craniopharyngioma in a patient with gardner syndrome. Case report and review of the literature.J Neurosurg. 2006; 105: 330-333
- Cerebellopontine angle craniopharyngioma: case report and literature review.Pediatr Neurosurg. 2007; 43: 158-163
- Cerebellopontine angle craniopharyngioma.Neurochirurgia (Stuttg). 1990; 33: 20-21
- Pathology of craniopharyngiomas: clinical importance of pathological findings.Pediatr Neurosurg. 1994; 21: 11-17
- Ectopic recurrence of craniopharyngioma.Neurol Med Chir (Tokyo). 2006; 46: 598-600
- Imaging of craniopharyngioma.Childs Nerv Syst. 2005; 21: 635-639
- CT and MR imaging of craniopharyngioma.Eur Radiol. 1997; 7: 464-469
Accepted: February 24, 2009
Received: January 11, 2009
© 2009 Elsevier Ltd. Published by Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.